The Student Room Group

OCR Biology AS F211/F212 exams Thursday 21st May & Monday 1st June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by strawberrysnow
That's amazing!! Well done! I've only got half of your marks... :frown: Any tips for the practicals?? I'm retaking them as I did so badly.

as above
Original post by Economistician
as above

Oops sorry!! I didn't realise ><
Has anyone done the Biodiversity practicals? I'm predicted an A and get A's in exams but my F213 Practical Skills stuff is SO bad its unreal. Any tips for the Biodiversity Practicals?
Original post by HecTic_H
Has anyone done the Biodiversity practicals? I'm predicted an A and get A's in exams but my F213 Practical Skills stuff is SO bad its unreal. Any tips for the Biodiversity Practicals?

How bad??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I should, and want to go into the exam on a high B or an A, but I'm on a high D lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have access to June 2014 papers?
Original post by Siddhart1998
Anyone have access to June 2014 papers?

I have the F211 June 2014 Paper but not digitally, I can take pictures and send it you if you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please can someone explain the difference between clonal selection and clonal expansion for T/B lymphocytes in f212? Also, which order does it occur it? Different sources tell me different things and I'm getting very confused!

Thanks
Original post by Siddhart1998
Got 39! Found out today.
Initially had 30. Redid evaluative and got 39 ������.
Which I think is funny because I'm not very good at biology. Opposite with physics. I probably got an E for the coursework for that but I'm actually good at the subject. ������

Hey I have my practicals this week on Wednesday and just wanted to know what to expect for the practicals.

Qualitative Task 1: the aim of this Task is to investigate different chemical solutions that can be used to precipitate proteins.

Quantitative Task 3: the aim of this Task is to determine the effect of calcium ions on the coagulation of milk proteins.

Evaluative Task 3: the aim of this Task is to evaluate an investigation of the effect of calcium ions on the coagulation of milk proteins

Do you have any advice? Thanks!
I have the F211 June 2014 Paper but not digitally, I can take pictures and send it you if you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you please send me the paper aswell? Just PM me thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you mind sending it to me also? I actually sat that exam but I'm retaking :yes:
Original post by Nievahh
Would you mind sending it to me also? I actually sat that exam but I'm retaking :yes:

Can u send it to me aswell please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Golde
Please can someone explain the difference between clonal selection and clonal expansion for T/B lymphocytes in f212? Also, which order does it occur it? Different sources tell me different things and I'm getting very confused!

Thanks

Stanges of immune response:
1. Phagocytosis
2. Antigen presentation (on phagocytes)
3. T lymphocytes bind to these antigens (complementary) - clonal selection
4. Activated T lymphocyte divides like mad (clonal expansion) and can differentiate into helper cells and memory cells.
5. Release of cytokines by (the now activated) T helper cells activate B lymphocytes
6.B lymphoctes have antibodies complementary to antigen.
7. B lymphocytes divide like mad into plasma cells, which produce and secrete antibodies

If i made a mistake, do say :smile:
Shall I send it in here? It's easier for me I don't know how it works haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shall I send it in here? It's easier for me I don't know how it works haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure :smile: thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430154659.352735.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1430154666.919636.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1430154676.002768.jpg
That should be it x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, does anyone know of or have a link to the F212 2014 paper? I would be SO grateful if anyone could let me know please, thanks!
Hey guys
I just need to ask is this a bad way of revising
And will I not do well if I do this

* memorise detailed class notes
* answer past papers using mark schemes and memorise these including all legacy past papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cinderella25
Hey I have my practicals this week on Wednesday and just wanted to know what to expect for the practicals.

Qualitative Task 1: the aim of this Task is to investigate different chemical solutions that can be used to precipitate proteins.

Quantitative Task 3: the aim of this Task is to determine the effect of calcium ions on the coagulation of milk proteins.

Evaluative Task 3: the aim of this Task is to evaluate an investigation of the effect of calcium ions on the coagulation of milk proteins

Do you have any advice? Thanks!

Oh man i didnt do any of those.. :frown:
For evaluative I guess the only advice i can give is literally vomit key words out. U can't lose marks for it. Be super rigorous. Any related key word that comes to mind.. put it down.

For quantitative getting 10 is simple: make sure you plot your points right. When describing graph make sure you describe pattern, quote figures and describe any change of gradient.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending