The Student Room Group

OCR Biology AS F211/F212 exams Thursday 21st May & Monday 1st June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Needhelpasap
I make revision notes, basically re write what it says in the book. What abou u?

Thank you! And good luck to uu too! :smile: :smile:

:biggrin: great!

I make a few notes and just read and say everything out loud until it sticks haha. do you type or handwrite your notes?

which other subjects do you take? :smile:
Reply 3041
Original post by Needhelpasap
EVERYONE EMAIL OCR AND COMPLAIN AND IF A MAJORITY DO THIS THEN THE GRADE BOUNDARIES WILL BE LOWERED.

[email protected]

What did you say? I'm not sure what to write
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
82-90 depending on how high it is for an A

Okay thank you
haha it actually did, I was like to myself as soon after the exam, if -------- didn't help I perhaps would of have just skip it :P Thanks though!!
(edited 3 years ago)
How's revision for F212 :smile: Idk why i feel relax for the past 2 days, I stil have 3 exams left after half term... -.-
Same that was the first thing that came to mind i could remember that water vapour collects there so was thinking maybe it escapes from there too 😆
Original post by mosahra
i hope it is right! That is the only thing I could think of as it say in text books that water evaporates from there
haha I know exactly how you feel, ocr stole my motivation away from me back in January! Lol That's good im gunna 'drill down bio' tomorrow morning lol, I have to learn bio out loud (kinda teaching my 4 walls some serious AS stuff) :P
Original post by Elhamm
Made such a stupid mistake I was thinking of epidermis but I wrote endodermis -.- because I was imaging my 'colourful notes' lol

It happens made some really silly mistakes myself there was that fill in the blanks question the plant will lose------ and will wilt due to the loss of water and and i thought of turgidity but put minerals (which makes 0 sense cause theyre actively transported)😁 i have no clue what was goingthrough my head
(edited 8 years ago)
It will most probably be in the 'accept' column as turgidity is accepted.
Original post by zara_a
It happens made some really silly mistakes myself there was that fill in the blanks question the plant will lose------ and will wilt due to the loss of water and and i thought of turgidity but put minerals (which makes 0 sense cause theyre actively transported)😁 i have no clue what was goingthrough my head

I put shape for that. It was so unclear what they were after in that particular gap. If they wanted turgidity or a derivative of the word turgor, why wouldn't they make it clearer by giving.... I don't know... maybe a definition of the thing!!!
Isn't that the same thing as turgidity? Only thing that differs, is your wording, they will give you a mark if you re-phrased the keyword :smile:
Original post by whydoidothis?
I put companion cell and phloem parenchyma
Will i get 2, shouldnt have tried showing off.

I did that, I was unsure of it but googled it after the exam and it is part of the phloem tissue, parenchyma, and so I think, hopefully, will be accepted.
How many days do you reckon f212 content would take to learn?
Original post by baffledchick
How many days do you reckon f212 content would take to learn?

To learn?! Quite a long time! I'm sorry, but if you don't know it now, cramming the entire unlearnt spec into your head in a week won't help, especially with the apparent change in question style this year. I'm sorry for being harsh, but.. :/ If you're going to try cramming anything, do the biological molecules unit as that's the least common sense (unless you do chem), whereas with health and biodiversity you can draw on your general knowledge quite a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
*edit* double post
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lainathiel
To learn?! Quite a long time! I'm sorry, but if you don't know it now, cramming the entire unlearnt spec into your head in a week won't help, especially with the apparent change in question style this year. I'm sorry for being harsh, but.. :/ If you're going to try cramming anything, do the biological molecules unit as that's the least common sense (unless you do chem), whereas with health and biodiversity you can draw on your general knowledge quite a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I appreciate the reply, I'm retaking this unit h ce it's been left till last minute, what changes have been made this year? Haven't read through this thread
Original post by baffledchick
I appreciate the reply, I'm retaking this unit h ce it's been left till last minute, what changes have been made this year? Haven't read through this thread

Most of the science A-level questions seem to be very application-based, meaning that learning the textbook hasn't proved to really help, as you have to genuinely know the content in order to apply it to some really obscure situations. I'm sorry for being harsh again, it's just that no one in my class has bothered to revise for any of their exams yet expects to pass, which frustrates me a lot! Again, learn the biological molecules stuff and go through any practicals you've done as, if they keep on with their theme, that's the kind of stuff they'll test us on. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lainathiel
Most of the science A-level questions seem to be very application-based, meaning that learning the textbook hasn't proved to really help, as you have to genuinely know the content in order to apply it to some really obscure situations. I'm sorry for being harsh again, it's just that no one in my class has bothered to revise for any of their exams yet expects to pass, which frustrates me a lot! Again, learn the biological molecules stuff and go through any practicals you've done as, if they keep on with their theme, that's the kind of stuff they'll test us on. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally understand your frustration, it will be a shock to them come results day (me too - hopefully not) thanks for all the advice, I'm hoping they don't intend to do the same thing they have done with unit 1!!
how many marks for an A do u guys think?
ugh Ikr! I was actually really happy that translocation didn't come up lol :smile: But I was shocked that there was only 1 question on the heart :frown: Oh well lol just need to now concentrate on F212 :P I have a feeling that water is not going to up as the one with the most marks :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending