The Student Room Group

OCR Biology AS F211/F212 exams Thursday 21st May & Monday 1st June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Can someone explain RNA replication
I dont get it
DNA replication is a piece of cake:smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what/ how much detail we have to know about the different types of bonding between R-groups in the tertiary structure of proteins?
Original post by dexter-morgan_
Does anyone know what/ how much detail we have to know about the different types of bonding between R-groups in the tertiary structure of proteins?

You need to know about sulfide bonding I think it's hydrophilic and hydrophobic and there's hydrongen boding too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry if someone's already asked this, what topics/ areas are being predicted to come up?
Hey guys, I made a chatzy for biology so if you have any questions and stuff you can ask them there.
http://us19.chatzy.com/79823553403722
Who else on here feels the next paper is going to be just application ( a lot ).. Instead of the general trend in past papers ? I'm kinda thinking it's pointless even doing them :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a predicted paper for this unit and if so could someone link it? :smile:
Original post by Anymorefor123
Who else on here feels the next paper is going to be just application ( a lot ).. Instead of the general trend in past papers ? I'm kinda thinking it's pointless even doing them :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're all application grr

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi can anyone get the bio fact sheets i really need them PM if you need.
Original post by kingaaran
Following the F211 mock paper I made and posted on Page 1 of the thread, I have attached an F212 mock paper that I have made to this post.

I hope you find it useful. Once again, do let me know if you find any errors - I haven't thoroughly looked over it yet.

Hope it's helpful :smile:

Is there a mark scheme for this?
Reply 3250
Can anyone go through the action of T lymphocytes and B lymphocytes please?
Original post by ImOnHD
Can anyone go through the action of T lymphocytes and B lymphocytes please?

I'm not 100% myself but I'll do my best.

T lymphocytes:
Surface is covered with receptors
Receptors bind to antigens presented by phagocytes
Each T lymphocyte has a different receptor on its surface (specific/complementary to different antigens)
Binding of T lymphocyte receptor to complementary antigen activates the T lymphocyte and is known as clonal selection
Activated T lymphocyte then undergoes clonal expansion
This is when it divides to produce clones which differentiate into different types of T lymphocytes that carry out different functions:
1) T helper cells --> release substances to activate B lymphocytes
2) T killer cells --> attach to antigens and kill the cell
3) T memory cells --> remember the specific antigen

B lymphocytes:
Surface is covered with antibodies
Antibodies bind to antigens to form antigen-antibody complex
Each B lymphocyte has a different shaped antibody on its surface
B lymphocyte antibody binds to complementary antigen
This together with substances released by T lymphocytes activates the B lymphocyte
Again clonal expansion happens where the B lymphocyte divides by mitosis
This time the B lymphocytes differentiate into...
1) Plasma cells --> produce antibodies
2) B memory cells --> record the specific antibodies needed to bind to the antigen

Sorry if this just confused you even more :/
I just copied it out of my CGP Revision Guide
Original post by mortal infinity
How much do we need to know about investigating enzyme activity? Do we need to know how to carry them out or set examples?

I was wondering this cos its in the book but never seen a question on it
Does anyone have the mark schemes for June 09 and Jan 10?
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know if whether it's right that in alpha glucose the groups are the same of both sides (H on top OH on bottom) but in beta they are different on each side (only one side has the OH on top) ?
Original post by r.rhiann
Does anyone know if whether it's right that in alpha glucose the groups are the same of both sides (H on top OH on bottom) but in beta they are different on each side (only one side has the OH on top) ?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
What topics do you find hardest? Think biodiversity is hardest but maybe thats because i don't find interesting. But biochemistrys really easy but my friends all say it's hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending