The Student Room Group

OCR Biology AS F211/F212 exams Thursday 21st May & Monday 1st June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingaaran
Alright, I've once again attached the F211 Paper I made in addition to the mark scheme.

I hope that it's helpful.

Thanks :smile: , out of curiosity how certain are you that these topics may come up??
Original post by Elhamm
Thanks :smile: , out of curiosity how certain are you that these topics may come up??

I'm not certain at all, but honestly, I think transpiration and microscopes are real contenders for this upcoming series.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not certain at all, but honestly, I think transpiration and microscopes are real contenders for this upcoming series.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Judging by last years paper definitely something on the heart. Seriously they chose haemoglobin AND mass flow the two trickiest. Im resitting and definitely think new papera have more application questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Judging by last years paper definitely something on the heart. Seriously they chose haemoglobin AND mass flow the two trickiest. Im resitting and definitely think new papera have more application questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's mass flow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate application questions :frown:
Here is the paper I have made. There are plenty of other questions that I think could appear on our paper, but this is the only one I've actually put together.

If I have time, I might put some more together, but hopefully, this should be good practice for now.

Note: if you spot any silly errors, like typos, do let me know :smile:

This is great!! And yeah I completely agree with topics, do you happen to have a mark scheme as well?
Has anyone finished their biology course yet?
Original post by amelimoo
This is great!! And yeah I completely agree with topics, do you happen to have a mark scheme as well?

I posted it today on the thread :smile: It's on this page, just scroll up

Posted from TSR Mobile
I posted it today on the thread :smile: It's on this page, just scroll up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I didn't even read any posts other than the first 2 pages! Do you have any tips or advice for how to get good qualitative scores? so far I have 4/10, I have my biodiversity qual when we go back and I just wondered if you could give me any general advice or things I should work on to get a higher mark, I really need to get a 9 on this one!
Original post by Lularose83
I hate application questions :frown:

They're fun...just not in the exam :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've modified some notes
And I was wondering if someone could review them for me? For AS biology
Just send your email and tell me whether they're good enough to get a high grade
Original post by spiritless98
I've modified some notes
And I was wondering if someone could review them for me? For AS biology
Just send your email and tell me whether they're good enough to get a high grade

are you not able to send it through PM??
Original post by Elhamm

No because I use my phone for TSR
So it doesn't let me attach files
Original post by Elhamm

Also I have them for the topic in F212
Just tell me which topic you want to review and I'll email it to you
What effect does increasing the CO2 partial pressure on the loading and unloading tensions of oxygen?
Original post by Mutleybm1996
What effect does increasing the CO2 partial pressure on the loading and unloading tensions of oxygen?

Decreases haemoglobin's affinity for oxygen (dissociation curve shifts to the right). Bohr shift.
Useful in respiring tissues because it means that more oxygen is unloaded (or that oxygen is unloaded even at relatively low partial pressures of oxygen, such as in respiring tissues), increasing the oxygen available for aerobic respiration.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 96
List 5 ways things that are possible to do through epidemiology.
Original post by rm_27
List 5 ways things that are possible to do through epidemiology.

1)Track the spread of disease
2)Provide vaccinations for those most vulnerable
3)Find new medications
4)Predict future outbreaks
5) Find out and minimise contributing factors, if multi-factorial diseases likes CHD
???? I guessed
Reply 98
Original post by amelimoo
1)Track the spread of disease
2)Provide vaccinations for those most vulnerable
3)Find new medications
4)Predict future outbreaks
5) Find out and minimise contributing factors, if multi-factorial diseases likes CHD
???? I guessed

All valid I guess, but was going for more of:

Able to find the incidence, prevalence, mortality and morbidity of a disease.
Determine whether a disease is endemic, epidemic and pandemic.
Determine the cause of a disease.
Identify which are countries are more at risk.
Identify risk factors of a disease.
Ones in bold are more of how health organisations can use epidemiology to their advantage.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rm_27
All valid I guess, but was going for more of:

Able to find the incidence, prevalence, mortality and morbidity of a disease.
Determine whether a disease is endemic, epidemic and pandemic.
Determine the cause of a disease.
Ones in bold are more of how health organisations can use epidemiology to their advantage.

Oooooh okay thanks haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending