The Student Room Group

Help: can't get day off for college interview

Hello,
Recently i found out i have a college interview on the day i am working. I cannot change the interview as it is unlikely to be rearranged because so many people apply. i therefore arranged a shift swap with another colleague however they said they could only work 2-8. I work 2-10. I didn't really think my boss would see the problem as it is only two hours gettting missed. But the thing is he refused it because someone needs to be on the last two hours. Which is honestly bs as today the guy who was on to 10 got sent home at 8 so no one was in then. I know i sound like a whiny person here but education should always come first and the company itself promotes it's flexible working scheme. I would use holiday hours but i have none left because obviously it's the end of march and that's when the year of holidays end.
Can't you go in for your last two hours? Most college interviews are done by six =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I could/would but my boss would find that difficult 😂
Original post by heyitskstew
Hello,
Recently i found out i have a college interview on the day i am working. I cannot change the interview as it is unlikely to be rearranged because so many people apply. i therefore arranged a shift swap with another colleague however they said they could only work 2-8. I work 2-10. I didn't really think my boss would see the problem as it is only two hours gettting missed. But the thing is he refused it because someone needs to be on the last two hours. Which is honestly bs as today the guy who was on to 10 got sent home at 8 so no one was in then. I know i sound like a whiny person here but education should always come first and the company itself promotes it's flexible working scheme. I would use holiday hours but i have none left because obviously it's the end of march and that's when the year of holidays end.

Cant you just get the person who could do your shift until 8 to do the first half of your shift then you come in for the second half (after the interview) or something.
Where do you work?
Reply 4
Well my interview is in another city so that's the difficult part but my boss wants me to do the whole shift not to split it up like! Asda☺

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending