The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

2015 mmu accommodation

Hey Guys,
Starting at Manchester Met in September and wondering what accommodation everyone is applying for?

I'm not too picky I just want somewhere lively with good people to go out with etc :smile:

Any suggestions would be fab :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Helloo 😊 I'm also looking for accommodation, I'm from newcastle so had no idea where to look/apply for! I'm the same, looking for somewhere that's lively with some atmosphere. Help?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Aw hey! Did you go to the open day? When I did I seen a few of the accommodations and they all looked pretty similar and standard to be fair, I think I'm going to go for Cavendish Halls which is the cheapest and about a 2 minute walk away from the business building where my lectures will be, so will be handy after a late night haha!! What course are you looking to do? X
The open day for my course isn't until 25th April but I'm hoping to sort accommodation out before hand. I'm studying social care so the closest block for me is birley fields but it's pretty expensive so I'm looking for somewhere a bit cheaper that's still relatively closer x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ah that's a pain, yeah you can apply from the beginning of April for accommodation can't you! I'm sure every accommodation will be fun and that, yeah I'm just going for the cheapest too, it's what you make of it really isn't it! Not bothered about fancy rooms and that x
Yeaah, I just don't wanna apply for the wrong hall then have to walk miles to where I need to be haha. You from around that area or you travelling from somewhere? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yeah deffo that wouldn't be good haha! I'm from Liverpool so not too far away, it's like a 40 minute train journey away! So excited to start in September. Have you firmed your offer? X
Nope I'm still waiting to hear back from one more uni then I'll firm it. Have you? Also, have you applied for student finance? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Aw great yes I firmed mine about a month ago! Yes sent all of my student finance stuff off too, got everything back last week so that's sorted, have you? :smile: x
It seems like you're up to date and organised then! Yeah I've applied just waiting for a confirmation from them! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Yeah haha was panicking about it so just got it out of the way! Mine didn't take too long so yours should come back soon, I'm gonna struggle for money so much haha :frown: x
Me too! Think I worked out on average that I'll have around £65 a week for everything 😳 my maths is terrible like so I'm hoping that I've worked it out wrong. Do you go out and stuff or will most your money be going on food? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
65 a week isn't too bad if you budget well with food and going out and that, still not a great amount tho :frown: I think I only have like 20 quid left over after paying for accommodation and that, so I'm gonna need help from a job or my parents!! Erm yeah I would wanna go out a few nights a week as I'm always out in Liverpool now haha!! But suppose would have to prioritise food and that too ahhaha. Would you wanna be in a flat with people that go out all the time or are you more for staying in? X
Yeah I deffos think a part time is gunna be needed🙈 Going to wait a while until I'm used to the place first because obviously it's quite a big move for me. Yeah I'm all for going out! I go out quite a lot here too but I wanna try and find a balance after first year so I'm not always skint haha! Have you been out in Manchester before? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Yeah deffo, it will be dead exciting for you though won't it everyone will be in the same boat so can all get to know the city together, I don't have a clue how to get around and that either haha! Yeah I know what you mean, freshers will be so fab I seen the plan for the the other day on their website, there's like a paint party one night, scouting for girls another night, and fuse odg is on one night too! Ooo and there's also a beach party!! So you will deffo make friends so don't worry about the big move from Newcastle!! No I've never been out in Manchester but it's a city isn't it so I've heard good things about it x
No way!! Could you send me the link please?! Sounds unreal😊 I just can't wait to actually be sorted with accommodation and stuff. Anyone you know going to the same uni? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/news/news-items/2754/
It doesnt show it all on there but in the booklet i got saying like 'Congratulations on your offer' there a poster of whats going on from the Saturday night and all throughout the week :smile: if you have got that booklet have a look, its called like 'The Union' or something on the fourth page in I think! I got the booklet like a few days after i firmed my offer so maybe thats why they sent it out, or maybe they sent it everyone, not sure haha! I dont know anyone going to the uni no, will be nice to meet loads of new people though, think i would prefer doing that. Are you looking forward to moving down here? x
Original post by Zara_hejazi
The open day for my course isn't until 25th April but I'm hoping to sort accommodation out before hand. I'm studying social care so the closest block for me is birley fields but it's pretty expensive so I'm looking for somewhere a bit cheaper that's still relatively closer x

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are going to be based at Birley then all accommodation except Daisy Bank and Wilmslow Park are within an easy walk.

Cambridge has the reputation as the party halls if that's what lights your fire.
Oooh alright thanks for that!

And yeah I'm the same, can't decide whether I'm doing a good thing moving three hours down the country or not hahah. How does freshers even work? Do you just go down by yourself and meet people at freshers? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I think its a good thing, will be such a good new experience for you! well probably on freshers you will go out with the people you are living in a flat with, in hope they are all people that like to drink and that! If i unfortunately get put into a flat with people that dont want to go out, then ill go out on my own and make mates out haha! x

Quick Reply