The Student Room Group

Grenade!

Is Grenade Thermo-Detonator/Black ops pills good for fat loss and reduce craving? Also is it good for energy and focus? I heard it speeds up your metabolism by tons! Due to the green tea extract.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In a word no

It's rammed full of caffeine - 2 tablets is more than the designated safe amount of caffeine a day. The manufactorers guide is between 2 and 6 of these a day...

There is no product legally on the market that works to burn fat, nor increase metabolic rate. It all comes down to diet. Yes green tea and Capsaicin are both shown to increase it in research but not significantly

Want to lose weight? Count your calories and maintain a calorie deficit :smile:
Reply 2
All you need is self-control, motivation to lose weight, a diet and exercise. Sorted.

I may be wrong, but I'm not convinced that any weight loss supplements actually work very effectively or are beneficial to your health.
Reply 3
Original post by Angry cucumber
In a word no

It's rammed full of caffeine - 2 tablets is more than the designated safe amount of caffeine a day. The manufactorers guide is between 2 and 6 of these a day...

There is no product legally on the market that works to burn fat, nor increase metabolic rate. It all comes down to diet. Yes green tea and Capsaicin are both shown to increase it in research but not significantly

Want to lose weight? Count your calories and maintain a calorie deficit :smile:

I've been taking it now, its been a day. Everyday i crave sugars etc but honestly with taking this, it just makes me want to drink water! It keeps me focused a lot and gives me a lot of energy! Also it makes me want to just lift weights etc, going decent! I'll see how it goes for a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Tom78
All you need is self-control, motivation to lose weight, a diet and exercise. Sorted.

I may be wrong, but I'm not convinced that any weight loss supplements actually work very effectively or are beneficial to your health.

All ingredients are natural in this one bud! A lot of caffeine so if you're having this, do NOT drink coffee! But i only have 2 for the day, it says 4 but 2 is enough. Depends on who you are, some people may only need 1 to get them going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
If you read the supplement section of the FAQ I used it as an example of the sort of useless **** they put in 'fat burners' and broke down everything that's in it and what it does. Mostly you're just giving yourself some nasty caffeine withdrawal to look forward to
Reply 6
Original post by Foji
I've been taking it now, its been a day. Everyday i crave sugars etc but honestly with taking this, it just makes me want to drink water! It keeps me focused a lot and gives me a lot of energy! Also it makes me want to just lift weights etc, going decent! I'll see how it goes for a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bruv speed is also good at suppressing your food cravings but it's not ultimately good for you is it? lol. Just lose weight the correct weigh, it's as much strength of mind as anything else.
Reply 7
Original post by Tom78
Bruv speed is also good at suppressing your food cravings but it's not ultimately good for you is it? lol. Just lose weight the correct weigh, it's as much strength of mind as anything else.

Hmm this is easier, suppresses cravings and isn't harming me. All good but thx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
If you can't mentally commit to it I don't think you'll be successful at reaching your weight target, seriously.
Reply 9
Original post by Tom78
If you can't mentally commit to it I don't think you'll be successful at reaching your weight target, seriously.

I am, i jog to school, drink 1.5litre+ bottles of water a day and my calorie intake is low! Max calories i'd eat a day is 900? 1 week ago it used to be 2.5k. Even my protein shake only has 98 calories, very low fats and carbs. I'm dedicated. The thermo pill is helping my metabolism and focus!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I think the average male needs to eat 2000-ish calories a day. I don't mean to lecture :smile:, but I'm assuming you can sort your diet out yourself. Good luck mate.
Reply 11
Original post by Tom78
I think the average male needs to eat 2000-ish calories a day. I don't mean to lecture :smile:, but I'm assuming you can sort your diet out yourself. Good luck mate.

Thanks man! Yeah i have to cut my 2k to 700-900 as i'm trying to lose weight etc, so far so good thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My trainer said his brother took some once at around midday, and by the evening time he was still buzzing and unable to rest. I personally won't risk it. I get by fine without.
Reply 13
Too much caffeine can have a lot of long term negative effects! Grenade is also ridiculously over priced! Creatine has a similar effect, retains a lot of water around the muscles and can prolong your training allowing for a better workout!

Much cheaper than grenade!
Reply 14
Original post by dgarrish
Too much caffeine can have a lot of long term negative effects! Grenade is also ridiculously over priced! Creatine has a similar effect, retains a lot of water around the muscles and can prolong your training allowing for a better workout!

Much cheaper than grenade!

I'm having lean whey protein shake, the grenade pills give me crazy focus and energy. 30 pounds for 100 pills is okay for me i guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I lost weight while taking these, but I doubt it was because of the 'fat burning capabilities.' More because of the insane suppression of appetite. I'd take two first thing in the morning and have no cravings through the day. The only times I'd cheat on my diet were when I'd be up late (past 3am) doing work and I'd start to get hungry for carby foods.
Reply 16
Original post by Jooooshy
I lost weight while taking these, but I doubt it was because of the 'fat burning capabilities.' More because of the insane suppression of appetite. I'd take two first thing in the morning and have no cravings through the day. The only times I'd cheat on my diet were when I'd be up late (past 3am) doing work and I'd start to get hungry for carby foods.

Yeah i see changes, i take 2-3 a day, it makes me so thirsty for some reason? Drink loooads of water which is really good for fatloss! What should i eat with this though? Carby foods are bad right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foji
Yeah i see changes, i take 2-3 a day, it makes me so thirsty for some reason? Drink loooads of water which is really good for fatloss! What should i eat with this though? Carby foods are bad right?

Yeah, if I don't drink any water then I get crazy heartburn.

I'm no expert on nutrition, but I kept my protein v. high, fats medium and carbs low. Track your macros on myfitnesspal :smile:

Quick Reply