The Student Room Group

Acces to HE course - nursing and midwifery

I was wondering if anyone could help me! I'm 18 years old and I've got good GCSE's but no A-levels as I have been working for a while instead of studying. I live in the north west and really want to do an access to higher education course in nursing and midwifery. Does anyone know of any colleges that will accept me considering I am only 18?

I think your best bet would be to contact the colleges etc that you are interested in applying to.
Age shouldn't have too much to do with it. It may just come into it when you are looking at funding the access course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you for your help!
I did the access course, as long as you have been out of full time education for more than two years you will get onto an access course :-)
Hi Abby - we may be able to help.

Harriet Ellis offers a distance learning Access to HE Nursing and Midwifery course, which may be a good option for you if you want to continue to work while you study. There are also classroom courses available, however these are often during the working week so can mean you have to give up work. You need to check your local colleges for these.

We are really flexible with entry requirements - you just need to pass a basic literacy test. However, to get into University you often need to have some GCSE's or equivalent in Maths and English.

There are plenty of providers out there, so good luck! If you need any advice just ask.
Reply 5
I'm studying an access course and we have someone who is 19 years old so I don't think age is a factor. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Abbey04
I was wondering if anyone could help me! I'm 18 years old and I've got good GCSE's but no A-levels as I have been working for a while instead of studying. I live in the north west and really want to do an access to higher education course in nursing and midwifery. Does anyone know of any colleges that will accept me considering I am only 18?

Hi Abbey, I'm studying online course and it really good! I am with Harriet and Ellis. One of girls on forum is only 19 so I think should be ok with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending