The Student Room Group

Is it her duty to text me about the Dj tomorrow, if she has genuine interest?

There is this girl I have been friends with for the past few months, whom I have been secretly harboring feelings for. I texted her two weekends ago on a Friday to see if she was up to anything. She told me she was just staying in as she had an exam the next day, but that she would be up for doing something the next day. I texted her on the Saturday so, seeing if she had any plans to go out that night. She said she was tired after her exam so was just going to chill and watch a tv show on netflix.

Now, I was hoping to get her out that night. But I decided to make my interest obvious via text instead. So I told her it's a shame that she wasn't going out, that I would chat to her soon, and I left an x at the end. She replied saying she would love to go out but is genuinely tired, and told me she would chat to me soon. She left a wink face and an x.

That was two weeks ago, and she hasn't made any effort to contact me since - via both social media and text. She did say to me in one of the texts on Friday two weeks ago if I wanted to see a Dj in March. I told her I would be interested in going. Nevertheless, the fact she hasn't contacted me at all since two weekends ago makes it seem to me that she's definitely not interested.

That Dj is playing tomorrow night and I'm thinking of texting her tomorrow to see if she's still considering going to it at all.

I feel it's pretty telling that she hasn't texted me about the Dj. Should I text her tomorrow though about it, or...?
Reply 1
"I'm seeing [DJ] tomorrow night. Shame you can't join me; doesn't look like Netflix optioned the highlights reel."

Or something similarly to the effect that your social plans don't depend solely upon her not least because, frankly, they shouldn't.
Original post by Brianc92101
There is this girl I have been friends with for the past few months, whom I have been secretly harboring feelings for. I texted her two weekends ago on a Friday to see if she was up to anything. She told me she was just staying in as she had an exam the next day, but that she would be up for doing something the next day. I texted her on the Saturday so, seeing if she had any plans to go out that night. She said she was tired after her exam so was just going to chill and watch a tv show on netflix.

Now, I was hoping to get her out that night. But I decided to make my interest obvious via text instead. So I told her it's a shame that she wasn't going out, that I would chat to her soon, and I left an x at the end. She replied saying she would love to go out but is genuinely tired, and told me she would chat to me soon. She left a wink face and an x.

That was two weeks ago, and she hasn't made any effort to contact me since - via both social media and text. She did say to me in one of the texts on Friday two weeks ago if I wanted to see a Dj in March. I told her I would be interested in going. Nevertheless, the fact she hasn't contacted me at all since two weekends ago makes it seem to me that she's definitely not interested.

That Dj is playing tomorrow night and I'm thinking of texting her tomorrow to see if she's still considering going to it at all.

I feel it's pretty telling that she hasn't texted me about the Dj. Should I text her tomorrow though about it, or...?

I hate to say it but she really doesn't seem interested in you :frown:

Don't bother texting her, give up and move on to find someone who will make you happy :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Profesh
"I'm seeing [DJ] tomorrow night. Shame you can't join me; doesn't look like Netflix optioned the highlights reel."

Or something similarly to the effect that your social plans don't depend solely upon her not least because, frankly, they shouldn't.

Eh... what?
Reply 4
Eh... what?

Which part are you having difficulty with? Because the underlying principle is breathtakingly easy to grasp: let her know what your plans are; playfully tease her about being boring; and then if she doesn't respond, go anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Profesh
Which part are you having difficulty with? Because the underlying principle is breathtakingly easy to grasp: let her know what your plans are; playfully tease her about being boring; and then if she doesn't respond, go anyway.

Ok I get you, and thanks for the advice.

But I guess my question really is - Would she have texted me by now if she has genuine interest?

But I guess my question really is - Would she have texted me by now if she has genuine interest?

Yes she would have. If I like someone, I play it cool, but I wouldn't go 2 weeks without saying anything, or not follow through with a meeting that I suggested. Also, if I like someone, I don't care how tired I am after an exam, I'd be excited to see them!

Sorry, but I really don't think she is interested. She may have invited you to be polite? You need to leave it.

Have you tried to text her within the two weeks or have neither or you texted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by channies
Have you tried to text her within the two weeks or have neither or you texted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I haven't seeing her in person or texted her on phone and social media, since that last conversation two weeks ago.
I did this with a guy once. He asked me on a date-he never asked me to meet on a Saturday and it went on for weeks. Then he complained about playing games. But it was hos duty to ask me to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I haven't seeing her in person or texted her on phone and social media, since that last conversation two weeks ago.

I think then maybe you should give her one more shot and ask her. You're asking if her not texting for two weeks means she's not interested in you but you've not texted her either and like her so I don't think it definitely means she's not interested. It's possible that she is but is just waiting for you to get in contact so I'd say ask, there's no harm in trying :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending