The Student Room Group
Unfortunately there are no quick fix solutions when it comes to learning verb endings, you just have to sit down and do it, but there are a few ways to make it slightly more interesting. You could try writing out the endings in big writing in different colours and sticking them on your wall so you see them all the time, or writing them on index cards and carrying them around with you so you can look at them when you have some spare time.
Reply 2
I'm having the same difficulty. What I do now is to write down every verb I learn along with all its different verb endings on the computer. This way I can easily look it up in case I'm not sure.
Practise,

practise,

practise practise practise practise practise practise practise practise practise practise practise practise practise practise practise practise,

and practise some more.
Reply 4
Spanish verb endings aren't too bad to be honest, after a while they should become second nature.
i had to learn the spanish verb endings this year for the first few tenses while i was in france and since i didn;t have access to any workbooks or anything i just sat with my laptop and made lots of massive big colourful tables on word then switched to post-it's and taped the different conjugation tabled all over my bedroom.

Try saying them to yourself repeatedly and get a rhythm going or something! (make up a song? lol maybe not)

The best thing to do with any foreign grammar is to put as much of it into practice as you can! When you learn a conjugation think up some verbs and start using them in sentences. Imagine loads of random little scenarios and have a little conversation with yourself where you're forced to use the new conjugation. (you might wanna do it alone though or people will think you're crazy :biggrin:)

the more you use the conjugations in different contexts etc the more links you'll make in your brain and the easier it will be for you to remember them again next time! ^_^

hope that helped some!
Reply 6
I can still remember chanting them from Year 8 Spanish lessons. He'd make us go over and over them, and it really works. They stick with me to this day, a good 8 years on.
Reply 7
Yup songs and mnemonics (sp?) work.
Try writing them down on a big bit of paper and putting them on your wall. Sad, maybe. Effective, yes.
i think they are rather easy to learn. they are already in a rhyme.
I don't see the point in rhyming. When you're speaking Spanish, you don't have time to go through "o, as, a, amos, áis, an... hablan :smile:".

Latest

Trending

Trending