The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Did you feel any attraction to this guy previously??

And also...
Do you actually love and care about your boyfriend?? If so how do you think this makes him feel?? And would you be open to a breakup??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
How are you gonna tell him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have no idea
will have to just sit him down and say it
it will be a horrible conversation to have, especially as he'll have only just got back from uni
but he deserves to know.

Original post by RollerBall
So when are you breaking up?

when he gets back from uni. he deserves to be the one to end things.

Original post by Anonymous
Did you immediately regret cheating or only the following morning? Did the guy just leave you in the morning after sleeping with you or did you kick him out?

i regretted it as soon as it happened. we had a chat about it after, and i was at his so just left afterwards

Original post by stephaniebtw
You'll be lucky if he stays with you, and if he does he'll never trust you fully again

Posted from TSR Mobile

i know, and i feel terrible about that
Reply 22
19 year old female at uni, cheated on my long term bf the other day. ask me anything

Wanna cheat again? I volunteer as tribute!

when he gets back from uni. he deserves to be the one to end things.

What happens if he doesn't?
Original post by Arkasia
Is there an answer?

well if you can figure it out please go ahead and explain it to me
because i have no idea why i decided to betray him like that

Was the guy you cheated on worth it? Was he more of a man than your current bf, or did you just have sex with some weaselly, disrespectful or weak guy?

the guy is one of my best friends. he wasn't even as good
(not that i'd regret it any less if he'd been amazing or whatever)

You have to tell him for both your sakes, if he finds out from someone else it will be worse for you.
How long have you been with your boyfriend??

Posted from TSR Mobile

OP, don't be so hard on yourself. We are humans and there is an inbuilt desire to want to have sex with people we find attractive. You should apologise to your boyfriend and move on though the relationship may well be over.

I suppose the only positive way this relationship could end for me is if we had very good break-up sex- get real kinky. That's probably the best way to bring closure to a situation like this.
Original post by Gott
You should tell him, so he can leave you which you deserve

i will tell him, and he will leave me

Original post by Natalierm2707
Did you feel any attraction to this guy previously??

And also...
Do you actually love and care about your boyfriend?? If so how do you think this makes him feel?? And would you be open to a breakup??

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes i did
i care about my boyfriend a great deal, i thought we'd be together forever, we'd been so strong up until now. it will rip him apart, i know he'll feel terrible, and i can't believe i did it to somebody who is that special to me. i don't want to break up because i really like him, but i know that that's the best thing for him, and ultimately it's his decision.

Original post by am_blue
Wanna cheat again? I volunteer as tribute!

brilliant
but no thanks, i won't be repeating this poor life choice

What happens if he doesn't?

then i guess we'll talk about it and decide where to go from there.
Original post by Natalierm2707
How long have you been with your boyfriend??

Posted from TSR Mobile

close to four years now.

OP, don't be so hard on yourself. We are humans and there is an inbuilt desire to want to have sex with people we find attractive. You should apologise to your boyfriend and move on though the relationship may well be over.

I suppose the only positive way this relationship could end for me is if we had very good break-up sex- get real kinky. That's probably the best way to bring closure to a situation like this.

not sure that'd be the way to deal with this one, but thanks for the advice haha

Original post by Arkasia
You have to tell him for both your sakes, if he finds out from someone else it will be worse for you.

i will tell him
nobody else knows, they have no possible way of finding out either.
i could easily hide it from him, but i don't want to

then i guess we'll talk about it and decide where to go from there.

Would you end it, if he didn't want to? From somebody who was cheated on, in an LDR at university, after six years and tried to make it work (stayed together 16 months or so) I think you should do the bloke a favour and break up with him regardless.
close to four years now.

not sure that'd be the way to deal with this one, but thanks for the advice haha

i will tell him

Your 'best friend' knows, and all it takes is for one slip of the tongue or 'secret keeper' and it's over.

It's even worse that he is a good friend of yours , rather than a stranger tbh. This is why time and time again you see men becoming over-protective around the weaker but more emotionally dependent best friends that their woman has. These best friends are the kind of guys who prey on lonely and isolated women when the real men aren't around. The kind of guys who pretend to be platonic and then swoop in and pick up the poon when the opportunity emerges.

If this happened to me, I'd want to punch your best friend in the face. Good thing your bf is not that kind of guy.
Original post by Arkasia
Your 'best friend' knows, and all it takes is for one slip of the tongue or 'secret keeper' and it's over.

Plus if it's kept a secret then once It is revealed it'll be 100% worse, if that's even possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would you end it, if he didn't want to? From somebody who was cheated on, in an LDR at university, after six years and tried to make it work (stayed together 16 months or so) I think you should do the bloke a favour and break up with him regardless.

i know
but it's quite mean on him to tell him that then ditch him.
he will break up with me i think

Original post by Arkasia

if he tells anybody then his relationship is over too, and he definitely wouldn't want that. i know he won't say a word to anyone
but as i said, i will tell my bf anyway
i know
but it's quite mean on him to tell him that then ditch him.
he will break up with me i think

if he tells anybody then his relationship is over too, and he definitely wouldn't want that. i know he won't say a word to anyone
but as i said, i will tell my bf anyway

Jesus wept, he was in a relationship as well? What is wrong with people.
close to four years now.

i will tell him

Also, if you break up with your boyfriend, it's only fair that you cut ties with your best friend. That shows that you were really committed to your boyfriend and not to your best friend.
Jesus wept, he was in a relationship as well? What is wrong with people.

It's simple, they have everything that they wanted but go for more, then once they realise what they had they cannot handle the defeat, those are the losers, the champs are the loyal ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
prepare for tsr High Tory vs white knight debate on whether the female should be exempt from her crime.
Do you like The Smiths?

Latest

Trending

Trending