The Student Room Group

TV series you watch as a kid how would you change it

what I'm asking is if you could re-boot a TV show from when you were a kid which one would you bring back and how would you change it.

For me I would reboot power rangers I'd make it much darker and develop the characters more I'd also make the bad guys more bad not so fake and the zords would have a bigger role not just combining in to the megazord every time I would also have a story arc each series to facilitate the much darker gritty tone I'd want for each story line also characters would be killed off occasionally so there would be a real sense no one is safe.

Oh and it would be more violent so the DVD's I would wan t at least a 12 if not 15 rating
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jonathanemptage
what I'm asking is if you could re-boot a TV show from when you were a kid which one would you bring back and how would you change it.

For me I would reboot power rangers I'd make it much darker and develop the characters more I'd also make the bad guys more bad not so fake and the zords would have a bigger role not just combining in to the megazord every time I would also have a story arc each series to facilitate the much darker gritty tone I'd want for each story line also characters would be killed off occasionally so there would be a real sense no one is safe.

Oh and it would be more violent so the DVD's I would wan t at least a 12 if not 15 rating

The shows i used to like when i was younger where fine as they are.
I have to admit that the few shows that i used to watch that have been modernised (e.g. bob the builder, noddy etc) arent nearly as good as they used to be.
tellytubbies was a brilliant show, but the characters lacked depth. there should be a prequel explaining the backstory of Tinky Winky... where did he get that hat, why does he carry a handbag... ? also the crew should get more involved in their local community, helping disadvantaged youngsters etc rather than staying in their frankly middle class enclave. the only working class character is noo noo who is forced to do all the manual tasks.
Original post by the bear
tellytubbies was a brilliant show, but the characters lacked depth. there should be a prequel explaining the backstory of Tinky Winky... where did he get that hat, why does he carry a handbag... ? also the crew should get more involved in their local community, helping disadvantaged youngsters etc rather than staying in their frankly middle class enclave. the only working class character is noo noo who is forced to do all the manual tasks.

lol

Quick Reply

Latest