The Student Room Group

Left Me For Her Flat-Mate

So my long-term girlfriend has left me for someone else - her flatmate.

She went to Uni and I didn't get in, and that left us miles apart from each other and not seeing each other that often.

I thought we were strong enough for long-distance, but she ended up shacking up with her flatmate and theyre now together.

She's the only gf I've had, and now I've lost all confidence in me as a person and worried I'll not find anyone else and how I'd be in bed if I did meet someone.

I feel completely mugged off and hate that she's done that to me. I've said I'll never talk to her again, and I mean it cos this has really hit me bad. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to feel better/get more confident?
Reply 1
It'll take a while to spring back, give it time. I found joining more societies helped as you meet new people which builds on your confidence. A month later I was back in the game.

P.S your ex is a c**t
Original post by Anonymous

She went to Uni and I didn't get in, and that left us miles apart from each other and not seeing each other that often.

I thought we were strong enough for long-distance, but she ended up shacking up with her flatmate and theyre now together.

She's the only gf I've had, and now I've lost all confidence in me as a person and worried I'll not find anyone else and how I'd be in bed if I did meet someone.

I feel completely mugged off and hate that she's done that to me. I've said I'll never talk to her again, and I mean it cos this has really hit me bad. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to feel better/get more confident?

I don't know if this will make you feel better, but the failure rate of relationships when people go to uni is off the chart, the vast majority seem to break up within the first term. It's not necessarily anything wrong with you, it's the situation.
Don't worry, she'll suffer more than you. You shouldn't **** where you eat. Once something happens between them, they have to awkwardly live with each other for the rest of the year.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

You're pathetic mate....is your self-esteem really dependent on a woman? A real man is a master of his emotions and bases his self-esteem against how well he meets his own standards - he does not require the validation of others!

Grab a hold of yourself. Forget about her, and move on with your life. Just find someone else, and soon your ex will be nothing but anicent history.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending