The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Whats the best accommodation ??

Accommodation for Solent opens at the end of next month, and I was wondering whats the best place to stay from peoples experience/opinions?
My current first choice is Deanery, any advice/thoughts?

Thanks! :smile: x
Reply 1
It really depends on what you're into.

Like to party? Kimber/LFW.
Enjoy being relaxed? Emily Davies.

I'm currently in Emily Davies and it's known as the quiet halls. My room is very small, but hey, I'm only here for a year and it's cheap!

Deanery is nice. It's very secure as you have to swipe at least 5 different doors to get into your room. I think you share your flat with 11 other people. The kitchen is considerate.
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Deanery is the best hands down :smile:

/thread
Reply 3
Original post by Suluk
It really depends on what you're into.

Like to party? Kimber/LFW.
Enjoy being relaxed? Emily Davies.

I'm currently in Emily Davies and it's known as the quiet halls. My room is very small, but hey, I'm only here for a year and it's cheap!

Deanery is nice. It's very secure as you have to swipe at least 5 different doors to get into your room. I think you share your flat with 11 other people. The kitchen is considerate.

Hi,
How long have you been at Solent for?
I'd be more interested in partying and going out, but on the website it says that both Deanery and Kimber/LFW would be suitable, what would you recommend? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lauragold
Hi,
How long have you been at Solent for?
I'd be more interested in partying and going out, but on the website it says that both Deanery and Kimber/LFW would be suitable, what would you recommend? :smile:

For partying your best choices are Deanery or LFW. Both are great for parties and easily the best at Solent for that.

The difference between the two is that Deanery has en-suite rooms whilst LFW doesn't, making Deanery more expensive. I believe it's around £128 a week now.

So if you don't really have the budget for that, I'd recommend LFW. But if you can afford it and you like the idea of having your own bathroom then you cannot go wrong with Deanery either.
If you haven't already, make sure you go and check out Unilife Student accommodation at https://www.unilife.co.uk

Unilife is a perfect place to live while studying at University, it is a stylish yet functional place for students who are looking for an easy place to study and relax. All our studios include your own smart TV and the luxury of a double bed, en-suite and kitchen, not to mention the great social spaces such as the gym and communal area thrown in too. If you're interested don't hesitate to email them at [email protected]

Good luck in your search!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending