The Student Room Group

brighton or surrey university for biomedical sciences

I have got both offers from surrey and brighton university for biomedical science , i would like to hopefully study medicine after my degree. does anyone know which university would be the best for this.

cheers

Ari
Reply 1
Brighton does a scheme where if ur in the top percentile or something u are able to transfer (very rare) or if you finish ur degree with a good mark (like a 2:1) you are guaranteed an interview at brighton for medicine (A101 i think)
Original post by Ari543
I have got both offers from surrey and brighton university for biomedical science , i would like to hopefully study medicine after my degree. does anyone know which university would be the best for this.

cheers

Ari

Both will be equally good. Go where you actually want to spend the next three years of your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rishy
Brighton does a scheme where if ur in the top percentile or something u are able to transfer (very rare) or if you finish ur degree with a good mark (like a 2:1) you are guaranteed an interview at brighton for medicine (A101 i think)

BSMS doesn't do a graduate entry course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thank you for the reply guys , I really like both of the universities but I want to know which one is most likely to get me on to medicine after biomed
Original post by Ari543
Thank you for the reply guys , I really like both of the universities but I want to know which one is most likely to get me on to medicine after biomed

Which university you go to really doesn't matter for getting into medicine. Just aim for at least a 2.1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thank you so much forestcat for that, do you think it would be best to transfer to medicine from brighton or complete the degree.
Original post by Ari543
Thank you so much forestcat for that, do you think it would be best to transfer to medicine from brighton or complete the degree.

The chances of being able to transfer will be extremely slim (plus check if Brighton actually does offer this). You will find a large number of people on the course will want to apply to medicine and will be competing to get the top marks to qualify to transfer.

I'm not saying it's impossible but I wouldn't pick a close solely because you may have a small chance of transferring. The likelihood is you will have to complete the original degree so make sure you'd be happy to spend three years there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
If i do attempt to transfer and let's say I didn't get in would I still be eligible to carry on with the whole degree or is it a once chance thing.
You would still carry on with the degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ari543
If i do attempt to transfer and let's say I didn't get in would I still be eligible to carry on with the whole degree or is it a once chance thing.

http://about.brighton.ac.uk/pharmacy/courses/bsms-interview.php

According to their website you still need AAAb at a level (plus 70% in semester 1).. So you might as well apply directly for medicine if you have these grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
So I could still try and transfer then and if it doesn't happen id carry on
Reply 12
Oh yayks no I do not have those a level grades cause i have a btec science along side biology . So completing the degree is my only option I guess
The University of Surrey is one of the best that you can find outside the Russell Group. I don't know how good it is for Biomedical Sciences but I know Brighton share a medical school with Sussex but I don't know whether that means it will be better for teaching the course.
Anybody could help me,please?
Ihave an offerfrom sussex, Aberdeen and Napier Universities to study Biomedical sciences. Which one do you think is better?
I am not sure yet but maybe I could decide to try to study dentistry after Biomedical sciences, do you think i could be able?.I am not from United Kingdom so I don´t know how it works there. Even I don´t know if there is a posibility of doing that.
Thank you for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending