The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Any EU/Intnl. students applying for the Game Art course at DMU?

Hey guys!

I just recently received an offer from DMU, so I guess now is the time to finally get in touch with the community here (:

I will be moving to the UK from Austria and would love to speak with others going through the same thing!

Admittedly what I'm most worried about so far is housing, if anyone from the school has general advice in that direction, that would be amazing! This is my first time living in the UK, so I'm feeling a bit lost.

It would also be nice to find someone to live with who is on the same course, or just others to chat with until the course begins!

Name's Kika, I've been studying Biology for the past 2 years and finally decided to follow the path I've always wanted to take. Can't wait to be able to devote myself fully to my art!
Reply 1
Hello there! Nice to meet you!

I got my offer for the Game Art Design course a couple of weeks ago and I am very excited!

I'll be coming all the way from Greece! Good to see that there will be other international students in the course!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello Kika,
Congratulations on getting the offer from DMU.
Our son, Hans, just accepted his offer from Game Art Design course at DMU. I've been researching online to get more of an idea of what things will be like for him next year (he's our only child...) and found this web page with your post. Anyway, we're Americans living (until this summer) in Vienna. Hans currently goes to Vienna International School. Where do you live in Austria?
We did a campus tour last fall and saw one of the student rooms on campus. It was a decent size and had a single bed, although double bed rooms are available (our son is 197cm tall, so we'll probably pay for a double so he'll have space!) The common room in the building we saw had vending machines, television, and a pool or table tennis (can't remember which) table. It was spartan, but nice. The students we saw who are on the course had some absolutely amazing skills. I think you'll be in great company.
Best,
Birgit
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi Birgit!

I'm very happy to see your reply here, and I'd love to get in touch with you (: I will be sending you a private message here on TSR with contact details. Amazing that you are also in Vienna, it's such a small world!

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending