The Student Room Group
I doubt it really makes a difference - have you done no vac schemes etc? Do you have a TC... sounds like you might have a tough job after hte LPC...
Reply 2
luckz
Shall I just make up something for the paid employment section. - Will I get caught out?

Never. Ever. Make stuff up.

It might not seem like much of a lie now but in fifteen years time do you want to get turned down for partnership and sacked because it turns out you've lied on official application forms? How can a firm trust you with client money if you demonstrate a history of dishonesty? The Law Society would eat you for breakfast...

LPC applications aren't that difficult anyway - there are plenty of places to go around. I don't know anyone who applied and wasn't offered a place. Just be honest and make the best of any experience you do have. Ever volunteered for something? Been involved in a club or society? There must be something you can mention and use to demonstrate relevant skills.
Reply 3
Im planning to get some experience now. So basically I should leave it blank.
Reply 4
Yeah, you're best to just leave it blank. I wouldn't recommend lying on there.

I don't think it will hinder your application much, but do try to get some experience as you will need it when applying for TCs.
Reply 5
Lewisy-boy
I doubt it really makes a difference - have you done no vac schemes etc? Do you have a TC... sounds like you might have a tough job after hte LPC...

It will mde no difference for the LPC - as long as you can pay, you'll get a place. I got offers from all 3 of my choices, even though they reckon you won't get into your third choice simply because you've put it third priority.

However, as Lewis said, you're going to find it harder after the LPC to get a TC without any employment / work experience whatsoever. Start looking asap, because believe me, you don't have time to breathe during the first few months of LPC, so don't leave it til then.
Reply 6
Definitely don't lie! Don't worry about leaving it blank - I know several people who haven't had a job or done work experience and they didn't have any problem getting an LPC place.

Latest

Trending

Trending