The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

nursing students accommodation university of leeds

I am starting at the university of Leeds studying child nursing in September, i was just wondering what accommodation would be recommended.

Scroll to see replies

Hi!
Im starting leeds child nursing in September too!! I'm so excited but no idea where to apply for accomodation
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I'm doing adult nursing and I have no idea where to apply! I know that Lupton, Oxley and The Tannery is recommended but say I wanted to choose another accommodation would I be put in them or would I be automatically put into one of the recommended halls? Also if I was to be placed into another halls would I be with other nursing students?
Reply 3
Original post by leahwhitehousex
I'm doing adult nursing and I have no idea where to apply! I know that Lupton, Oxley and The Tannery is recommended but say I wanted to choose another accommodation would I be put in them or would I be automatically put into one of the recommended halls? Also if I was to be placed into another halls would I be with other nursing students?

Those halls are recommended due to them offering longer contracts. As a nursing student you will probably be on placement until the second week of August, so your term is longer than the average student.

You are free to apply for other accommodation but I doubt they would put you with other nurses. The recommended accommodation isn't just purely healthcare students, there is a diverse mix of people.

Oxley is good if you want to be in a greener and quieter area.
Lupton is the cheapest and really close to Headingley.
The Tannery is pricey but very convenient for both LGI and St James'.

Amy
Third year StN

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!
Well done to you by the way 😊
I've just been accepted with a conditional offer too for child nursing!
Im looking at the Tannery myself because it's a 10-15 walk from the campus and the hospitals which is handy and the cost of transport to/from other locations could work out more or less the same in the long run.

Sarah

Edit: it doesnt work out better! My mistake

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi

Not sure if this info might be useful. Although Im not studying Nursing (Sociology and Social Policy). I've recently left nursing and was working for LTHT (Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust). Once you are on placement there is a free staff shuttle that operates between LGI and Jimmys, with less frequent service to Chapel A and Seacroft. You just show your ID badge that you will get prior to placement.

All the best

Fee
Reply 6
Original post by FeePowell
Hi

Not sure if this info might be useful. Although Im not studying Nursing (Sociology and Social Policy). I've recently left nursing and was working for LTHT (Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust). Once you are on placement there is a free staff shuttle that operates between LGI and Jimmys, with less frequent service to Chapel A and Seacroft. You just show your ID badge that you will get prior to placement.

All the best

Fee

Just a note, if you want to do this you'll need to apply for a trust ID badge while you're on placement. The shuttle bus doesn't accept student ID cards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by amyc123
Just a note, if you want to do this you'll need to apply for a trust ID badge while you're on placement. The shuttle bus doesn't accept student ID cards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, my bad. Id seen students using the shuttle so assumed they could.
Original post by eleanormoorex
I am starting at the university of Leeds studying child nursing in September, i was just wondering what accommodation would be recommended.

Ive got the same problem too! I have got an offer for child's nursing but still deciding which accommodation would be best! With the most nurses in!
Original post by Emilycurrie
Ive got the same problem too! I have got an offer for child's nursing but still deciding which accommodation would be best! With the most nurses in!

I'm also going to Leeds to study child nursing in September - I'm so stuck between Lupton and Oxley!
Original post by RachelCarroll
I'm also going to Leeds to study child nursing in September - I'm so stuck between Lupton and Oxley!

I applied for Lupton, although ita not as great, its closer to Headingly and uni!
Original post by sarahlimonx
I applied for Lupton, although ita not as great, its closer to Headingly and uni!

I am tipping towards Lupton - I'm just a bit wary of the shared bathroom! Are you on the Leeds child nursing 2015-2016 Facebook group?
I am tipping towards Lupton - I'm just a bit wary of the shared bathroom! Are you on the Leeds child nursing 2015-2016 Facebook group?

I am exactly the same, but most people will be in the same situation and hopefully, really respectful! I am 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am exactly the same, but most people will be in the same situation and hopefully, really respectful! I am 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I couldn't see you in it that's all - I must be blind! Yeah I am too and I'm sure we would all get used to it pretty quick!
Ah I couldn't see you in it that's all - I must be blind! Yeah I am too and I'm sure we would all get used to it pretty quick!

I am under as a different name on Facebook, it's Sarah McCarthy! Feel free to add me if you want 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am under as a different name on Facebook, it's Sarah McCarthy! Feel free to add me if you want 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're still not in the same group as me - perhaps there is two?!
You're still not in the same group as me - perhaps there is two?!

Oo probably then! Can you link the one you're in at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1561526157431647 this should hopefully work!
I have applied Lupton too, not doing nursing but diagnostic radiography but was hoping to share with other likeminded healthcare students!

I wouldnt worry about the shared bathroom, they are not like school showers, locks on the door and you get the bathroom to yourself when you use it plus it's cleaned for you unlike ensuite.

i specifically put on my application I wanted to share with healthcare students so fingers crossed!

I drove through Headingley today and it was buzzing, so excited...

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1561526157431647 this should hopefully work!

Quick Reply

Latest