The Student Room Group

Primary sources on Mary's foreign policy?

Does anybody know of any primary sources on Mary's foreign policy.
I'm not sure that there are any primary sources on Mary's Foreign Policy as the only real dalliance she had was in the last eighteen months of her reign when she went to war with France on her husbands authority. The only thing she succeeded in was national humiliation, so not may sources cover it.

However you may want to look at 'John Foxe Book of Martyrs' as he expressed strong views on Mary's reign, so he may have had something on her warn with France.
Reply 2
Original post by bethCRADDOCK
I'm not sure that there are any primary sources on Mary's Foreign Policy as the only real dalliance she had was in the last eighteen months of her reign when she went to war with France on her husbands authority. The only thing she succeeded in was national humiliation, so not may sources cover it.

However you may want to look at 'John Foxe Book of Martyrs' as he expressed strong views on Mary's reign, so he may have had something on her warn with France.

Thank you! Do you know anything about the re - catholicization of England?
Original post by OhGod
Thank you! Do you know anything about the re - catholicization of England?

To discourage Protestants she did a public burning of 283 protestants who refused to reform,
Most importantly is probably Thomas Cranmer who helped Edward to make the country fully protestant.
I don't know if this will be of any help to you but this is the source my history teacher gave us to help us understand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB88c0iHuL8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending