The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My course was cancelled at Reading. I didn't react like that.

Sour grapes?

If a course is cancelled, then it's cancelled. It's the way it goes. It's unfortunate, but you whinging about the architecture just because they withdrew the offer is... lame.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
It looks like you have plenty of other options anyway, it's not like they've cancelled it a week before you were due to move down. You've plenty of time to find something else.
Reply 3
Cry more. Buy some kleenex.
They shouldnt be letting people apply for it if they are just going to cancel it. Its put me at a disadvantage now because the university i will replace it with will know i didnt chose them first and it is very unlikely i will get an offer from them because of it.
Reply 5
^ does that make sense to anyone? ^
how is that not making sense? They have cancelled my course so now i must apply to a different course at a different uni. The uni i apply to now will no it is because of sussex cancelling and therefore i will be put at a disadvantage.
Reply 7
cookiejest
how is that not making sense? They have cancelled my course so now i must apply to a different course at a different uni. The uni i apply to now will no it is because of sussex cancelling and therefore i will be put at a disadvantage.

I don't really see how it'll put you at all that much of a disadvantage. Anyway, you've already got three conditional offers (inc. Bath & Nottingham, both excellent unis), so it's hardly as though you're in that much of a pickle.
Reply 8
How will they know thats why you're applying there anyway?
Reply 9
omg wot the **** happened there :|
There must be some pretty bad problems at Sussex if they are cancelling courses already. I dont know how ucas are going to handle it. Hopefully it wont affect my chances.
Reply 11
The fact that your spelling is appalling is more likely to harm your chances of applying to other universities.

You haven't put it down as your firm so no-one will be notified.
Reply 12
cookiejest
I didnt really no what i was doing when i applied to it but it sounds like its in deht, the buildings are ugly and there are large management problems.

...wow. maturrrrrrrrre.
Reply 13
cookiejest
There must be some pretty bad problems at sussex if they are cancelling courses already. I dont no how ucas are going to handle it. Hopefully it wont effect my chances.

Why?

Your logic is nearly as poor as your grammar and spelling dude.

You sound pretty bitter about it so I'm sorry you're disappointed. But this sort of thing happens sometimes...it happens everywhere. Its not an indication of any of the problems which Sussex has, which you've massively overstated anyway.

Oh...and this place is brilliant to be at, fella...sorry :wink:
From looking into it apparently there is a £3 million deficit and they are making major cuts? Also the man in charge has resigned? They failed to mention any of this in the open day. I wish they would give me a reason for the course closure.
Reply 15
cookiejest
From looking into it apparently there is a £3 million deficit and they are making major cuts? Also the man in charge has resigned? They failed to mention any of this in the open day. I wish they would give me a reason for the course closure.

You are not factually inaccurate in what you say, although I think you're overstating its significance a leetle bit - especially in regards to your course being cancelled.

There's loads of random positive facts which could be thrown in if needed too. It just wouldn't be very relevant innit

Which course was it anyway?
computer science. They are obviously trying to cut costs so they arnt going to be spending much on research or new technology are they. Also i have heard something about them reducing library open hours?
Reply 17
It's not like people (freshers) go to the library anyway :p: I like it here, sussex is great (apart from the occasional badger who I know are plotting against me!! :eek:) and if your course has been cancelled then...ummm...s hit happens...?
I didn't know they were getting rid of Computer Science. There has been a massive restructure of the department though, so course have been substituted rather than cancelled. Were you applying for straight Comp Sci or a variation?
Reply 19
cookiejest
computer science. They are obviously trying to cut costs so they arnt going to be spending much on research or new technology are they. Also i have heard something about them reducing library open hours?

I don't think there are any plans to cut the library opening hours.

Are you sure they are cancelling computer science? Something does not sound right here to me

Latest

Trending

Trending