The Student Room Group

Difficult Decision

Hi guys,

I have received offers from universities and am wondering who to firm. I have offers for Computer and Management Sciences in Warwick and Computer Science and Business Management in University of Birmingham.

I need to pick one of these as a firm choice.

Since it is a joint course, i can only look at uni tables for each course separately. Birmingham is better in Computer Science, however, Warwick is better in the Business related part.

I'm having a really difficult time deciding and would appreciate any advice

Thanks in advance:biggrin:
Reply 1
Personally, I think business courses are for people who have no real interest in any subject but still want to make a lot of money.
Warwick is far better!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by indieguy
Personally, I think business courses are for people who have no real interest in any subject but still want to make a lot of money.

Not really :mad:. I have great interest in Computer Science but with management it makes me a lot more appealing to employers.To think that you will not business in the future is quite illogical to be honest.
Original post by shados97
Not really :mad:. I have great interest in Computer Science but with management it makes me a lot more appealing to employers.To think that you will not business in the future is quite illogical to be honest.

I actually think the most appealing aspect of the course to employers is the computer science bit! Management shows your not just a techy, but id certainly say CS is more highly regarded. Either way Warwick is a much better university and the course sounds much better
Reply 5
Original post by mizzsnazzter
I actually think the most appealing aspect of the course to employers is the computer science bit! Management shows your not just a techy, but id certainly say CS is more highly regarded. Either way Warwick is a much better university and the course sounds much better

I agree that the computer science aspect is the most appealing aspect but the Management helps you differentiate yourself from others. I thought the course sounds better too :smile: .

Quick Reply