The Student Room Group

AS English Literature LITB1

Anyone who has done this exam previously or is doing it currently?? My target is a B GRADE or HIGHER if possible.
Could really use some help as I feel my teachers aren't very supportive.

If you have any exemplar questions or advice on how to get the best grade please help:smile::smile::smile:.

I am studying The Great Gatsby, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Birdsong and Auden Poems.

Thanks
Exam is approaching and I am really worried:frown:
Original post by ashleyfaith_02
Anyone who has done this exam previously or is doing it currently?? My target is a B GRADE or HIGHER if possible.
Could really use some help as I feel my teachers aren't very supportive.

If you have any exemplar questions or advice on how to get the best grade please help:smile::smile::smile:.

I am studying The Great Gatsby, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Birdsong and Auden Poems.

Thanks
Exam is approaching and I am really worried:frown:

Need help with anything specific?
Original post by TheFailingNerd
Need help with anything specific?

Mainly how to get the best mark possible in Section A, particularly in answering how is the story told in any of the Auden poems??
I'm doing Tenneson and Frost so can't really help you specifically, but Section A is a narrative techniques questions. These consist of Form, Structure and Language.

For Form it's mainly just about what the poem actually is. Poems consist of lyrical, narrative, symbolist and more. Writing about stanza's, line length, voice, point of view, tone and the themes also kinda helps!

Structure is like how to story is planned out: scene-setting, flashbacks, flashforwards, openings, closings, foreshadowing yadda yadda. (I think voice comes under structure?)

Language is the easiest to talk about (in my opinion), mainly consisting of things that are relatively easy to spot, simile's metaphors, personification. characterisation, dialogue, imagery, word-choice, rhymes etc.

Sorry if you know all this stuff, did this help or nah?
:smile: Thanks a lot! I think I've got the grasp of section A a bit better than when I first started.
I have a mock on Wednesday, so let's see how I do.

Any advice for section B?
Original post by ashleyfaith_02
:smile: Thanks a lot! I think I've got the grasp of section A a bit better than when I first started.
I have a mock on Wednesday, so let's see how I do.

Any advice for section B?

Oh god Section B....I have no idea, sorry! I know Section B will be the question about opinions of the writers intentions and things like that but I have no idea how to hand it DX.

If I find some info on it, I'll get back to you :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending