The Student Room Group

Life is so boring I can't wait for it to end.

Health section due to anon option.
I think watching too much fantasy **** when I was a kid completely messed me up. I am now in my early twenties, and BORED to death. Traveling, human interaction, hobbies, hell even stuff like bungee does nothing for me - none of it is exciting or significant in any way. How do YOU deal with life's boredom. Are are you, by a chance, or a miracle, not bored?
Original post by Anonymous
I think watching too much fantasy **** when I was a kid completely messed me up. I am now in my early twenties, and BORED to death. Traveling, human interaction, hobbies, hell even stuff like bungee does nothing for me - none of it is exciting or significant in any way. How do YOU deal with life's boredom. Are are you, by a chance, or a miracle, not bored?

If you are so bored, why don't you just dedicate your life to helping others?
Reply 2
Original post by TheWaffle
If you are so bored, why don't you just dedicate your life to helping others?

I will be brutally honest here - because I do not care, I feel nothing when I see humans suffering around the world. I'm protective of my family, though, and animals. But there is only so much you can do to stop animal abuse, if you really try something that could make a change, like annihilating fur factory owners, you end up in prison - sacrifice in vain, someone will inherit it anyway.
Reply 3
Persue your hobbies and interests, don't devote your life to something that's not worthwhile.
Is there anything you actually enjoy?
Reply 5
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Is there anything you actually enjoy?

I used to enjoy writing, I was quite good at it actually - had over million readers back then (online, nothing was ever published). But to be honest I can't even write anymore. I was abused at one point in life, and because of that I spent a few years on drugs, mostly sedatives, and it just killed all my creativity.
I used to enjoy writing, I was quite good at it actually - had over million readers back then (online, nothing was ever published). But to be honest I can't even write anymore. I was abused at one point in life, and because of that I spent a few years on drugs, mostly sedatives, and it just killed all my creativity.

You should try to find something you enjoy/love doing :smile:
Does stuff like music/films have any effect on you?
Reply 7
You should try to find something you enjoy/love doing :smile:
Does stuff like music/films have any effect on you?

I use them as means to kill the time. But in the end, I'm still ridiculously bored, and I hate life even more (because of how much more interesting peoples lives can be in fantasy films).
Thats really sad :frown:

The only thing I can think of for you to try is just to try loads of new things and see if they bring you any joy.

From you being a good writer, I assume you can be very creative- so you can try different things to bring your creativity out (which you can even do alone or with others if you want). You never know, you might find something you enjoy doing which can help to guide you to a more positive life :smile:
Reply 9
:frown:
secret garden party is the answer
I will be brutally honest here - because I do not care, I feel nothing when I see humans suffering around the world. I'm protective of my family, though, and animals. But there is only so much you can do to stop animal abuse, if you really try something that could make a change, like annihilating fur factory owners, you end up in prison - sacrifice in vain, someone will inherit it anyway.

hey basically atm due to family problems, I'm also going through the phase of 'what is the point in living, why can't I just die?'

But, seriously there are people who care about you and all, and I'm not being funny, but by doing simple things, you will make people happy!!

and if you really love writing, just do it!! you were on drug- fair enough!
But make a change, do something you'll love and promise me you will feel epic!

Or maybe join a club or something where you can meet people going to a similar phase in life like you, and see what they are doing now! The world is so diverse and accepting(most of the time) that I'm sure you will mix in with someone or some sort of hobby :biggrin:
Thats really sad :frown:

The only thing I can think of for you to try is just to try loads of new things and see if they bring you any joy.

From you being a good writer, I assume you can be very creative- so you can try different things to bring your creativity out (which you can even do alone or with others if you want). You never know, you might find something you enjoy doing which can help to guide you to a more positive life :smile:

I was creative. I'm not anymore. Drugs I was on took it away from me. Still, I appreciate your advice.

hey basically atm due to family problems, I'm also going through the phase of 'what is the point in living, why can't I just die?'

But, seriously there are people who care about you and all, and I'm not being funny, but by doing simple things, you will make people happy!!

and if you really love writing, just do it!! you were on drug- fair enough!
But make a change, do something you'll love and promise me you will feel epic!

Or maybe join a club or something where you can meet people going to a similar phase in life like you, and see what they are doing now! The world is so diverse and accepting(most of the time) that I'm sure you will mix in with someone or some sort of hobby :biggrin:

You must be really young because you seem so optimistic (it's a good thing), sadly I just can't be like that anymore.
I was creative. I'm not anymore. Drugs I was on took it away from me. Still, I appreciate your advice.

You must be really young because you seem so optimistic (it's a good thing), sadly I just can't be like that anymore.

hey! yh im 18 :smile: but ur not any older so cheer up :biggrin:

seriously, I have had a really tough time, especially the last few weeks! I mean, my mum and dad ALWAYS ARGUE and I get told off for losing my anger, what do I do??
everyday I've come home from school since last week, and heard my dad say disgusting things to my mum(swear words and worse things), I sit and cry and wish I could die, or run away from home and stay with some nice family!It really affects me, but I cant and don't know who to tell :frown::frown:

Seriously, I'm trying to not give up, it's really hard! atm I'm listening to a nice song, and talking to incredible people like you who I don't know, but atleast are not affecting me in a bad way :smile:

Like seriously, I'm trying really hard at my a levels now, so I can go to a uni away from home, and try and start a little fresh!

I also have a guru (living master), and he says: just have faith. nothing is impossible. you know and always think VERY POSITIVE

YOU CAN DO IT!! TRY,,, start using ur imagination, bit by bit, and before you know it you'll have FANS of your own books ,... ahaha :cool:
Finding little or no pleasure in things you used to enjoy can be a symptom of depression. Have you experienced any others? Have you considered seeing a therapist?
hey! yh im 18 :smile: but ur not any older so cheer up :biggrin:

seriously, I have had a really tough time, especially the last few weeks! I mean, my mum and dad ALWAYS ARGUE and I get told off for losing my anger, what do I do??
everyday I've come home from school since last week, and heard my dad say disgusting things to my mum(swear words and worse things), I sit and cry and wish I could die, or run away from home and stay with some nice family!It really affects me, but I cant and don't know who to tell :frown::frown:

Seriously, I'm trying to not give up, it's really hard! atm I'm listening to a nice song, and talking to incredible people like you who I don't know, but atleast are not affecting me in a bad way :smile:

Like seriously, I'm trying really hard at my a levels now, so I can go to a uni away from home, and try and start a little fresh!

I also have a guru (living master), and he says: just have faith. nothing is impossible. you know and always think VERY POSITIVE

YOU CAN DO IT!! TRY,,, start using ur imagination, bit by bit, and before you know it you'll have FANS of your own books ,... ahaha :cool:

Glad you're doing well, despite the situation :smile:

Original post by sarahwitkowski
Finding little or no pleasure in things you used to enjoy can be a symptom of depression. Have you experienced any others? Have you considered seeing a therapist?

I don't know, don't think it's depression, I think I'm just realistic.
I know how you feel OP, I get like this quite a bit too.

What helps me sometimes is keeping busy and having something to look forward to. I also like having a lot of variety in my life, so I might come home from work a different way for a change of scenery, learn to cook something new for dinner, plan a trip somewhere or watch a new TV show etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should try it after a few decades.. From what i have learned,the real things of value are family and friends. I mean real friends not just people you go on the lash with or fair weather friends. You can be the richest man in the world but still live in misery due to loneliness and depression/mental illness. I know what the OP is talking about ..troll or not..it matters not,a really important subject has been raised.

The mundanity of life and existential analysis.
I use them as means to kill the time. But in the end, I'm still ridiculously bored, and I hate life even more (because of how much more interesting peoples lives can be in fantasy films).

Why not work with children that would kind of be like fantasy.

You're doing it wrong.
Go seek professional help and not ask for people's opinions online
I think you need to go abroad and experience a different culture..could go voluteering in thailand maybe. It might cheer you up and show you the world etc

Quick Reply

Latest