The Student Room Group

im so embarassed, what should i do for tmoz?

i help out in a subject department with the yr8's. my teacher sends some pupils out of the classroom, and we all sit down at a table in the middle of the department, and i help them with their work. we all talk while doing the work. but today what the kids were talking about got me and everyone into hysterics. i wasnt part of what they were talking about though, i just sat there listening while making sure they were doing their work. anyone would have gotten into hysterics. a teacher walking past smiled at me, whilst another teacher came over and told the kids to stop laughing so much and told us off. she then went into my teachers classroom and told my teacher what was going on, she went out and asked us to stop what they were laughing at.
but you see, im in the 6th form, i feel partly responsible. when i went into the classroom, some kids were trying to make me laugh after what happened, and the teacher shouted at them. well i just feel so embarrased. also i apoligised for what happened outside, but she just said we all got a bit excited. well am i responsible?

like what should i do tmoz cos i help out today and tmoz. should i be authoritive with the kids and try to make up for what happened?

does apoligising show maturity?
Reply 1
You've done your bit and apologised. Now forget about it and go in tomorrow as if nothing has happened.
Wot was soo funny that you couldnt stop laughing?
Reply 3
Yea what was funny? Don't worry whatever it is we won't think your strange:p:
Reply 4
i help out in english, with the yr8's i was outside the classrooms at a table helping them with their work. the work was related to xmas. and well this girl called rachel started burping xmas carols, which got me into hysterics. another girl was going 'bbbrrrr bbbbrrrrr' a raspberry thing with her lips, in a rhythem, like a boombox or something, then the girl started burping xmas carols in a rhythem......
Reply 5
Just ignore it, it's over now. Tomorrow is another day and all that.

Kids always try to slack off if they can, you should probably be more authoritative- there's no point you being there to help them if they don't do anything. That said, they probably won't do their work if they hate you either so you just need to strike a balance.

But seriously, laughing at burping? That's not really funny, is it?
Reply 6
you had to have been there....it was more than 'just burping'....anyone would have been in hysterics....i just feel like i made a fool of myself for laughing as well. but it was uncontrollable
Reply 7
They're in year 8, they must be 13/14ish? I'm sure they can handle being shouted at, no worries.
Reply 8
im just worried that ive made a fool of myself and that the teachers will think less of me. ill make sure it doesnt happen again, i didnt want to laugh, it was uncontrollable
Reply 9
Anonymous
you had to have been there....it was more than 'just burping'....anyone would have been in hysterics....i just feel like i made a fool of myself for laughing as well. but it was uncontrollable

Nope, I think I can safely say I would not have found it funny. In that kind of situation you should just tell them to stop being disgusting and get on with their work and if that doesn't work then you threaten to get their teacher.
puppy
Nope, I think I can safely say I would not have found it funny. In that kind of situation you should just tell them to stop being disgusting and get on with their work and if that doesn't work then you threaten to get their teacher.

no sense of humour?
Reply 11
Anonymous
i help out in a subject department with the yr8's. my teacher sends some pupils out of the classroom, and we all sit down at a table in the middle of the department, and i help them with their work. we all talk while doing the work. but today what the kids were talking about got me and everyone into hysterics. i wasnt part of what they were talking about though, i just sat there listening while making sure they were doing their work. anyone would have gotten into hysterics. a teacher walking past smiled at me, whilst another teacher came over and told the kids to stop laughing so much and told us off. she then went into my teachers classroom and told my teacher what was going on, she went out and asked us to stop what they were laughing at.
but you see, im in the 6th form, i feel partly responsible. when i went into the classroom, some kids were trying to make me laugh after what happened, and the teacher shouted at them. well i just feel so embarrased. also i apoligised for what happened outside, but she just said we all got a bit excited. well am i responsible?

like what should i do tmoz cos i help out today and tmoz. should i be authoritive with the kids and try to make up for what happened?

does apoligising show maturity?

Yes apologising shows maturity.

Why do you think it was your job to keep them in check though, you were only helping out? You're a pupil/student and you're not a teacher. Fun is part of learning, if your teachers can't see that then they must be crap at teaching.

I wouldn't worry about it though. You sound pretty grown up to me.
Reply 12
First, I think it looked to her like you were being "silly" even though, as you said, you were working. Second, A teacher should never shout at an older pupil while th eyounger ones are there, so your teacher is absolutely wrong there. Finally, unless you were given disciplinary responsibility over them e.g. if you were a prefect, policing them isn't really your job surely? Don't apologise to the teacher s/he/it can [insert] off.
Reply 13
Giliwoo
First, I think it looked to her like you were being "silly" even though, as you said, you were working. Second, A teacher should never shout at an older pupil while th eyounger ones are there, so your teacher is absolutely wrong there. Finally, unless you were given disciplinary responsibility over them e.g. if you were a prefect, policing them isn't really your job surely? Don't apologise to the teacher s/he/it can [insert] off.

That's the first time I've ever seen you refer to yourself in the first person :s-smilie:

But anyway to the OP I wouldn't worry abaout it - it'll be forgotten in a day or so - there's no need to worry about it. You've already apologised so I don't think there's anything more to do about it
Reply 14
SavvySaviour
That's the first time I've ever seen you refer to yourself in the first person :s-smilie:

But anyway to the OP I wouldn't worry abaout it - it'll be forgotten in a day or so - there's no need to worry about it. You've already apologised so I don't think there's anything more to do about it

If you look carefully, you will discern a pattern in the mode of address that one uses...Rep if you do.
Reply 15
I think that kids can be really funny with the way they do things, and burping can actually be bloody hilarious if done int he right way! (and i'm the first person to say that burping is immature). chances are, if the teacher was in the same position as you they'd have wanted to laugh, but would be doing that "i'm not smiling" face that all teachers try to do.

she was probs jealous that you could have a giggle and she couldnt!

Latest