Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student-friendly hairdresser in Bristol

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey there everyone - was hoping somebody might be able to help me.

I'm in desperate need of a haircut (just a simple, all-one-length trim) and was hoping to get it done in the next few days. Has anybody been anywhere decent yet? I don't really want to spend over £40, so does somebody know a salon that might fit the bill?

Many thanks :p:

X
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    toni and guy essensuals u get 10% discount mondays to wednesdays dunno how much it costs, i'm going tomorrow, mines cheaper though obviously
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got some scissors in my room, I'll do it for you. 3 minutes and you'll be done. £10 cash-in-hand, can't say fairer than that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    why in god's name would you ever expect to pay £40 for a one length trim?? I wouldnt ever pay more than about £15...you can tell you come from London!
    i got my restyled, lightened and coloured at Top Six on park street for £65 with student discount so i daresay there would do it pretty cheap....really good too...i <3 my new (well...not so new anymore) hair...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mane on Whiteladies Road also does a student discount; get one of their junior stylists and it shouldn't be too expensive. Give them a call to check prices.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friend has offered to have a go at my hair, which I actually accepted. Live life on the edge
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hehe - thanks for all the suggestions everybody. Very helpful

In the end I decided to go to a place called Hanski on St George's Road, which was absolutely brilliant. Came to just over £20 for a wash, cut and blow dry with a student discount. Would definitely recommend...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have my own shaver... I shaved my hair short before I arrived, one month in, and a month after for charity in the bar. I must say, I've broken even and being a guy who simply shaves his head is much much easier!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    had mine restyled today at squires. £12 and excellent service.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timw)
    I have my own shaver... I shaved my hair short before I arrived, one month in, and a month after for charity in the bar. I must say, I've broken even and being a guy who simply shaves his head is much much easier!
    Oooh, I know who you are...:p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by organised_chaos)
    why in god's name would you ever expect to pay £40 for a one length trim?? I wouldnt ever pay more than about £15...you can tell you come from London!
    i got my restyled, lightened and coloured at Top Six on park street for £65 with student discount so i daresay there would do it pretty cheap....really good too...i <3 my new (well...not so new anymore) hair...

15 poundsss!! i NEED to inform my flat mate of this...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I work in toni and guy on the centre just at the bottom of park street, we do student hair cuts monday tuesday, thursday and friday. They're €10 for gents and €12 for women. Give me a call on 07980411550 and we can get you booked in. Fran.x

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 3, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.