The Student Room Group

Jealous of my friend who got into Med school

Starting off please do not judge me! I am 19, currently on my gap year and still clueless. I achieved BCC, I was predicted ABB but I just messed up a couple exams due to stress and other issues i.e. brother attempting suicide and my Philo teacher was ****. Anyway, I have always wanted to be a doctor. ALWAYS. I was predicted A*s at GCSE, but I had mediocre grades... I just didn’t revise and take it seriously. Cs and B’s really and obviously that’s not good enough. I wanted to do Science A levels but people put me off it saying how hard it will be, etc. So again, my fault that I listened to them. Now that I am on my gap year, I regret not working hard from the start. It’s been bugging me from day one. Ontop of that, my best friend got into medicine on his gap year with an unconditional offer. I am SOOOO proud of and happy for him. But I am jealous as well. He worked his arse off and he deserves those grades! I wish I worked hard and that I was smart. How do I stop feeling like a failure? I feel so crap. He’s my friend and I am envying him.. It’s awful. He has his life sorted and I am here in a confused muddle. How to stop feeling like this? I know he deserves it, he does, but how do I stop feeling jealous?
Hi, I went to med school! Im a doctor right now.

My life after about 6pm consists of sitting at a desk on my own, waiting for people to reply to my messages. And being on TSR making grumpy threads about the people who have done me wrong.

Its not full-filling at all.

These kinds of situations crop up because of the horrible way you can just be assigned to some part of the country at whatever time if you're a doctor.

And also I don't get paid that much.

Its not all its cracked up to be.

Hope that makes you feel better!
I don't know why people want to be a Doctor. Their pay is **** for what they do.

Get a grip and do you, noone will do that for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending