The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lewisy-boy, LauraWalker knows a good book that might help you get up to speed...

Take the kettle back. Ask to speak to the store manager, and tell them that the thing failed. It's probably just the fuse or something simple like that.
I wonder who the author of such a detailed treatise on the subject might be. Pray, do tell.

Nb. Deliberately leaves open the opportunity of a shameless plug.
Reply 22
Not after the publishers decided to hike the price recently.
http://www.oup.com/uk/catalogue/?ci=9780199255948

The secret is out. Get me next week. I leave Oxford on Sunday (end of term), go to Hull on Tuesday to sign some boring legal documents to do with an estate I am handling. I am in love with Oxford though and will live in the college all Christmas apart from the Christmas week so you have not got long to get your revenge CWTF for the husband incident. I can be found riding a horse around the Eastrington area, a bay. Otherwise, I say u don't stand a chance
Oxford Students in is stocked in most colleges with a few copies in the Bod x
Nice double barrelled surname!!!!
Indeed. We had a game at the Law Society party of putting lecturers names into search engines. CWTF does not have much mileage because he is the only T-F that comes up. I would like a name like that. When I organised moot judges I thought it was figg though not twigg
Ahhh, we did that in sixth form and searched for our own names on google... strangely enough there seemed to be a Professor in America with just about any name...
Reply 28
Haha thanks for putting a smile on my face with the heading for this post!
Reply 29
Lewisy-boy
Nice double barrelled surname!!!!

Thanks.
neomax
Haha thanks for putting a smile on my face with the heading for this post!

No probs, let us hope Tesco does not put in a surprise visit.

I'll have to keep the kettle as proof I am not creating a libel case. Es ist Kaput
Reply 31
LauraWalker
Es ist Kaput

Er ist kaputt.
Is the Kettle a he? I have not studied German since A-level. Besides, now I am really going to MJF for 'picking on me' :smile: 'ha ha'
I might have guessed it was a HE!
Reply 34
Der Kessel. Don't ask me why.
Genders in German never made sense, just got to remember them!
Sprechen Sie Deutsch Herr CWTF?
Reply 37
LauraWalker
Sprechen Sie Deutsch Herr CWTF?

Ja.
Alles Klar!
Use sprechst du please, too much respect in Sie!

Latest

Trending

Trending