The Student Room Group

Made a mistake? help plz

i sent off my ucas about a month ago now and hav got a few cond. offers.
problem is, i got an A for a subject and declined it but i stil put this grade down on my ucas application, my others i put as pending. is this cause for concern condidering my offers (can they be retracted for inconsistancies). my form tutor said that i can put this grade down even though i declined it, she said 'it cannot change from an A'
(i got predicted grades of ABB by the way, if that helps)
what do i do?

thanks for any help :wink:
Reply 1
u declined an A grade? y????
Reply 2
coz i wanted to retake one of the modules
Reply 3
i'm retaking one of my modules cos in AS i got AAB in 1 of my subjects so wanted to retake the unit i got a B in...i didn't decline my grade though so i still had to put it down on my UCAS. if you've declined it, technically isnt that "lying" on ur form? i guess its a matter of choice, i think you're meant to inform UCAS that u made a mistake, but its whether u want to or not?
xanjalix
if you've declined it, technically isnt that "lying" on ur form?

:ditto: If the grade was declined, it technically no longer exists, so you shouldn't have put it on your form. Whether your unis will notice/care is another matter.
fitzroyiron
i sent off my ucas about a month ago now and hav got a few cond. offers.
problem is, i got an A for a subject and declined it but i stil put this grade down on my ucas application, my others i put as pending. is this cause for concern condidering my offers (can they be retracted for inconsistancies). my form tutor said that i can put this grade down even though i declined it, she said 'it cannot change from an A'
Do we have the same form tutors :p:

Well mine said that B was the grade I attained, and that is therefore the standard of my Chemistry (regardless of declined or not).
Reply 6
i was informed that i had to decline my grade in order to improve the overall AS mark (retake one or more of the units) and that if i didnt decline i'd have to retake every unit. (???) all this conflicting advice is so confusing.

do you think that the unis will mind about this? how can they find out anyway?
fitzroyiron
i was informed that i had to decline my grade in order to improve the overall AS mark (retake one or more of the units) and that if i didnt decline i'd have to retake every unit. (???) all this conflicting advice is so confusing.

do you think that the unis will mind about this? how can they find out anyway?
You decline if you want to do better for the AS-level award, but since you're doing A2, it doesn't matter.

That's not true (about retaking every unit), perhaps your teacher got confused with A2? If you want resit A2 units, you'll have to decline the A2 award, otherwise you'll have to retake all 6 units. I know, it's weird, but that's what I have been told.

Universities won't realise, but if UCAS do (from their random checks), they can inform the universities and it could mean losing your place.

Latest

Trending

Trending