The Student Room Group

AQA ICT INFO3 Preliminary material June 2015

What questions do you think will be in the INFO3 exam this year (2015) ????

Scroll to see replies

What security measures should UCDM take to ensure data is kept secure
Reply 2
Possible Question 1

To meet UCDM’s requirement for data security, they have considered the need for off-site storage as part of its backup and recovery strategy.

Discuss other factors that should have been considered when developing a backup and recovery strategy for UCDM.
(8 marks)
Reply 3
Possible Question 2
The trustees considered UCDM’s Information Security Policy to be inadequate
for current and future operations.

Identify internal and external threats, making suggestions for improvements that should be made.
(16 marks)
Reply 4
Possible Question 3

The first row of the table below lists the actions that could be used to reduce the
likelihood of a virus attack.

Complete the other rows by listing three actions for each of the remaining security
issues. Do not use the same action twice.
Security Issue
Action
Virus attack
1 Use an anti-virus scanning package
2 Keep it up to date
3 Training staff not to open unsolicited emails
Loss of data
Unauthorised
system
access
Unauthorised
physical
access to ICT
facilities

(9 marks)
Anyone got the pre-released material yet?
Reply 6
Yes it is available.....you will need to ask your exams officer for it, who will have secure access to the AQA website, I'm not allowed to attach it here...
Original post by andyday
Yes it is available.....you will need to ask your exams officer for it, who will have secure access to the AQA website, I'm not allowed to attach it here...

Hi andy do you have predicted questions on the pre-released material?
Reply 8
Original post by andyday
Possible Question 3

The first row of the table below lists the actions that could be used to reduce the
likelihood of a virus attack.

Complete the other rows by listing three actions for each of the remaining security
issues. Do not use the same action twice.
Security Issue
Action
Virus attack
1 Use an anti-virus scanning package
2 Keep it up to date
3 Training staff not to open unsolicited emails
Loss of data
Unauthorised
system
access
Unauthorised
physical
access to ICT
facilities

(9 marks)

Hi, where did you get those questions from? Were they from the zigzag site? :smile:
Reply 9
Keep the questions coming please! I haven't got an actual copy of the prelim, my teacher took pics on his iPhone and then sent them to me through email :/ Don't even think he gave all the pages either
Original post by mafz96
Keep the questions coming please! I haven't got an actual copy of the prelim, my teacher took pics on his iPhone and then sent them to me through email :/ Don't even think he gave all the pages either

i can email you a copy if you wish?
Reply 11
Original post by ThatGuyRik

omg
I didnt get an email notification about this! yeah please bro [email protected]
Original post by mafz96
omg
I didnt get an email notification about this! yeah please bro [email protected]

Will send it now haha you never replied. Hows revision going and how you revising for essays?
Reply 13
Will send it now haha you never replied. Hows revision going and how you revising for essays?

Thanks man really appreciate it! It's going okay nearly finished notes on chapter 9 but atm im just doing as many past papers as I can. I'm not sure how I'm going to tackle the essays so hoping that my other answers will make up for my rubbish essay skills. Quite risky but idk how to improve on it there's just sooo much to remember loll... By the way do you know how I can get a hold of more papers cos the aqa website is quite rubbish lol
Reply 14

Could you please email it to me? would be very appreciated

Any chance you are able to send it to me as well mate? my email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance if you can
Reply 16
Can you please email me the pre release also, [email protected]
Thanks!
Reply 17
Original post by OMER9633
Can you please email me the pre release also, [email protected]
Thanks!

You haven't read the pre release case study yet??
Reply 18
I have but i dont have a copy of it
Reply 19
I read it a few weeks ago, lost the paper given to me by my teacher lol, if anyone has it and can email would be much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending