The Student Room Group

Who here is a VEGETARIAN and why? :D :D

Hye, so i'm a lacto vegetarian!

and I was just wondering who else is a vegetarian, and why?? :smile::biggrin:

Just interesting to know

Scroll to see replies

Because dogs dream.
Not me. Meat is really tasty and nutritious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me since Feb 1st because I'd rather go without meat so an animal doesn't have to die :smile:
However at an applicant day to a university I will not specify I am convinced their 'vegetable enchiladas (v)' contained ground beef which I wasn't very impressed by and I stopped after one bite.
Reply 4
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Me since Feb 1st because I'd rather go without meat so an animal doesn't have to die :smile:
However at an applicant day to a university I will not specify I am convinced their 'vegetable enchiladas (v)' contained ground beef which I wasn't very impressed by and I stopped after one bite.

aw that's cute :biggrin:
and ngl but yes some products do say that they're 'vege' but they actually aern't.

e.g. one pizza we bought froma store, used a calf :mad:
Original post by awkwardshortguy

1. The animal you 'saved' was just eaten by someone else anyway...

2. Quorn?
I am, because I don't believe I have the right to kill other living beings purely for my own enjoyment.
Original post by Lemon Haze

2. Quorn?

The 'someone else will eat it anyway' argument is completely pointless... Some people (including me) just don't want to eat dead stuff! I don't care if others eat meat though in an ideal world...

And you can DEFINITELY tell the difference between Quorn and real mince. If I accidentally put something with meat in my mouth (thankfully only 2 or 3 times in 10 years) it's like by body instantly rejects it lol
Being a vegetarian is clinically proven to be unhealthy for you and also for the environment. It has been shown through extensive studies that it harms the environment less to grow some livestock then growing the amount of vegetables and nuts required to have the adequate amount of protein. Therefore by being a vegetarian you are harming yourself and the environment and should endeavour to correct yourself wherever possible.
Reply 9
I'm vegetarian because I think causing animals unnecessary harm is wrong.
Original post by EminemMaNiggarrx
Being a vegetarian is clinically proven to be unhealthy for you and also for the environment. It has been shown through extensive studies that it harms the environment less to grow some livestock then growing the amount of vegetables and nuts required to have the adequate amount of protein. Therefore by being a vegetarian you are harming yourself and the environment and should endeavour to correct yourself wherever possible.

Where's your evidence of these 'extensive studies'?
Original post by moonfacebear
Your talking sh*t mate, where's your evidence of these 'extensive studies'?

It's all on google mate. Look it up. It's all there.
Been a vegetarian for a couple of years because I don't believe in killing animals
Original post by Lemon Haze

2. Quorn?

1. By not eating meat I do not contribute to the demand therefore I do not support the supply therefore in theory I will 'save' the lives of animals across the course of my lifetime.

2. It did not taste like Quorn, it tasted like the real deal. I hope it was Quorn but it did not taste like it.

Point to one, just one.
Reply 15

"On google" so is scientology, send us an article or something at least?
Reply 16
I was brought up vegetarian (although I always had the choice to eat what I liked). Started eating meat and fish a couple of years ago for the first time, partially because I was not having a varied enough diet. Partially though it was down to an article I read which made the point that it is more effective to support meat producers who do things the right way than to abstain completely. This only really applies to people who are vegetarian as protest for battery farming and animal cruelty etc though..
Reply 17
Original post by lifeisajoke
The 'someone else will eat it anyway' argument is completely pointless... Some people (including me) just don't want to eat dead stuff! I don't care if others eat meat though in an ideal world...

And you can DEFINITELY tell the difference between Quorn and real mince. If I accidentally put something with meat in my mouth (thankfully only 2 or 3 times in 10 years) it's like by body instantly rejects it lol

yes you're right! you just know something's not right.
Also, will meat, I just hate the smell! Like I was bought up a vege but I chose to stay vege, as I thought that Killing animals for ur own sake is a little selfish.

BUT THAT SAID, I respect everyone's opinion! I have best friends who are non- veg :biggrin:
I've been a vegetarian for 8 years. I like my animals alive :yy:
Original post by SashaAnna
I've been a vegetarian for 8 years. I like my animals alive :yy:

People even eat ducks. Yukk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest