The Student Room Group

a level subjects

I heard somewhere that some unis look down on certain a-level subjects.
Well, I've applied for a psychology degree, and well, my a-levels I'm doing are psychology, sociology, and media... sociology and media I've heard many criticisms about them being seen as 'soft' subjects.... I am just worried unis might feel the same and not give me offers... Should I worry or should I just chill? lol
Reply 1
Chhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 2
all the subjects you've chosen are on the cambridge unoffical "soft subject" list. But seeing as you're applying for psychology that particular subject wont be looked down on. It all depends on what universities you've applied for. For the very very top unis then it may hold you back a bit, otherwise I wouldn't worry too much.
Reply 3
Well the highest ones I have applied for are manchester and liverpool, which ask for AAB and ABB... other 4 are lower (although I am capable of high grades - got AAC in AS) - so I REALLY want to get into one of the higher ones I have chosen. Particulaly liverpool (the ABB one)

Would you consider uni of manchester and uni of liverpool as 'very very top unis'?

Latest

Trending

Trending