The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Late applications to Imperial

Currently a first year engineering student at Bath. Need to move to uni closer to home due to unforeseen circumstances. Imperial doesn't allow transfers but said I could make an application to start again from first year, which I'm happy to do.

However, UCAS has closed for all of Imperials courses which I wanted to apply to and they aren't willing to consider an application which is sent by my director of studies instead of through UCAS. This means I will have to defer my entry to Oct 2016. So i'll be starting and graduating 2 years later than when I should have been.

Anyone have any advice on if there's any way I can get them to consider my application? Or failing that, what should I do? Carry on at Bath despite the trouble it will cause (quite a lot), move to UCL and start from first year (2015) or wait until I can apply to Imperial for 2016?

Bear in mind, the end goal is to work in Investment Banking, which is another reason I would like to move to one of the city unis. Both are very reputable, Imperial being much better for engineering, but is it worth waiting an extra year for? Will employers see this as a negative (most people who go into sales and trading tend to be fairly young when they start).

Any advice on how to fix the situation I've found myself in would be great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending