The Student Room Group

dirty stinking bedroom

I'm just a boy and I like to snack and I'm also lazy so generally there will be bits of food wrappers down the side of my bed but they're never there for more than three days. I shower daily and never do much physical activity apart from alone time like??????? ya know but I don't leave anything dirty anywhere. Because I don't leave my house much I can deal with wearing the same jumper for quite some time but I personally never really smell. I wash my hands almost excessively often and the same with my face. My bedsheets are cleaned every two weeks I think and somehow smell cleaner before they're washed. My carpet is vacuumed every three days and everything's polished and dusted and all that nearly as frequently.

I've got no pets in my room apart from judy and brian (a stegosaurus and giraffe bless 'em) and some plants (generally in good health apart from one which recently had some icky white stuff on it). My room definitely isn't particularly tidy but nor has it got that stereotypical lad mess either. The top window is always on latch and I open the others when the weather allows. My brother and sister spend like five minutes a day in my bedroom maximum, my mom will sometimes come in to clean if she really can't help herself and my dad occasionally appears to talk bull**** for a couple of minutes but he only stands in the doorway so it's all good. Nobody else ever comes into my room (unfortunately :c).

The smell isn't overwhelming or anything but sometimes there's a mild unpleasant faint of a scent. It's never bad, no-one turns up their nose or anything apart from my dad but that's just because he's being a dick. My sister who used to comment (albeit rarely) on me having a bit of a smell doesn't say that any more, and despite her being peculiar towards me doesn't seem to mind sitting on my bed. So yeah, it's nothing terrible. However a couple of nights ago there was a weird smell almost like blood, and just now there was a sweaty musty smell though neither were exactly strong.

I want my room to smell pleasant, not dirty or neural nor over-bearing. I want to come into it and take a whiff and smile like in the adverts. Unfortunately I don't like the smell or feel on my nostrils of air fresheners so that's not an option. I know by doing something like this I'm just masking up the smell rather than tackling it's source, but at the end of the day it's a room with a living thing sleeping and doing other stuff in it almost all the time so there's bound to be some sort of smell, and like I said it really isn't that bad ever and not even present most of the time. Scented candles are fab but I'd probably end up setting something alight, not only unintentionally.

So yeah, any suggestions how to give it a nice fragrance so it's all lovely and that?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
guise c'mon answer me plz?
have you searched your room carefully? I'm wondering if there is some food in a corner somewhere that you haven't noticed and has been left too long
Blood smell? :erm: That is bizarre....

I would definitely suggest doodle_333's advice as well, but also try opening your window for a few hours a day? Idk what else to suggest, sorry :/ xx
Reply 4
Original post by doodle_333
have you searched your room carefully? I'm wondering if there is some food in a corner somewhere that you haven't noticed and has been left too long

nooo yeah if it was that the smell would be more consistent I think, and I can't find anything anywhere.

Original post by Rainbow Student
Blood smell? :erm: That is bizarre....

I would definitely suggest doodle_333's advice as well, but also try opening your window for a few hours a day? Idk what else to suggest, sorry :/ xx

yeah it was weird, everything was clean as well and I'd just got out the shower so I was a bit confused :P

anyway how are you, we don't talk much anymore :c
Original post by louieee
nooo yeah if it was that the smell would be more consistent I think, and I can't find anything anywhere.

yeah it was weird, everything was clean as well and I'd just got out the shower so I was a bit confused :P

anyway how are you, we don't talk much anymore :c

Oh nuuuu no more daily rep! :c :tongue:

Yeah, weird huh....

And I'm good thanks, you? :smile: yeah too right :/ we'll catch up c: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending