The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

cash points on campus

Yo, im wondering what bank is best to make a student account with? is there one that is most favourable/most popular in Swansea? Also, what cash points are on campus?
Reply 1
all the cash points on campus are LINK so you can use any company. theres a lloyds bank in talesin, not sure what will be on the bay campus when it opens though.

if you live in the student village you have to pay for cash withdrawals regardless of who you bank with because for some reason theres not a proper cash point.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by geographygangsta
Yo, im wondering what bank is best to make a student account with? is there one that is most favourable/most popular in Swansea? Also, what cash points are on campus?

Santander is the best student account to go for. There is a branch in the city centre by burger king, but you can withdraw money at all the campus cash machines.

Santander offer the best interest rates, the biggest 0% interest free overdraft (I think I can have £1500) and a 4 year rail card which gets you over a 1/3 off rail fares!
Original post by geographygangsta

Probably Santander, but that £1500 is supposed to last you three years, unless you can afford to pay it back within your 1st year and ask them to give you more if your credit score is good. I'm with HSBC. They are OK. You get £500 for the first year automatically and you can also apply for them to give you more if you put money into your account on a regular basis.

Lloyds TSB seems to be the fav on campus. They have a Lloyds bank on compus as in you can talk to advisors and stuff. That's in Talesin. They have 2 Lloyds cash machine points in Fulton House. They have another Lloyds by Tooters (on-site club). And I believe that is it.

Quick Reply

Latest