The Student Room Group

essay structure argument

blah blah no longer needed etc etc etc
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by xxblue
Hi,

I have my first essay piece due and I would like help in illustrating arguments or 'my argument' in my introduction - I was thinking something like this:
(This is a contract essay on duress and undue influence)

The current law on duress and undue influence is arguably said to be inconsistent and in fact incompatible with the main underlying principles of contract law. This view has been developed in case law and scholar arguments. However others argue that this doctrine has well reflected the historical changing conceptions of social and economic life.

This is literally something I've just typed on the spot (don't be harsh) let me know if this is the type of introduction I should be writing or its in fact all wrong?

Any advice and potential help would be great please!!!!!

I am not an expert in the field so I am not sure if my critic is helpful...
But here it is.

I think it's good, you go straight to the point but perhaps you could state why that is the case in the introduction. Then build up on the point you have made through out the essay using different supporting points and against. (Use the strongest points in the intro and conclusion (don't repeat what you said in the intro. In your conclusion)

I hope you understand if not let me know. :smile:
Reply 2
deleted thread
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
delete thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending