The Student Room Group

Excluded from sixth form!

Hi, basically I had some painkillers on me which were my mums and I took some of it to ease with my back pain. I then gave some to my girlfriend as she had a chesty bad cough. Then when my girlfriend was taking it, 2 pupils snatched the tablets of her and took one tablet each. The pupils complained to feel unwell, which this made the issue much worse.

The school then asked me if I had anything to do with the tablets, and I said no I don't. I said no because I didn't want to have a bad image amongst the teachers. I knew the police was called and I wanted to tell the police only. When the police came I told him straight away that I gave my girlfriend the tablets.

The police got involved and the police said I shouldn't have had them on me in the first place. Then the police said that what I've did was stupid and he let me off, he said to me there isn't anything that serious.

I then went into school today with my parents, and the deputy head, said oh we can't let you in your lessons but you can still sit your exams and complete the coursework for your courses. Then I said but I need support from the teachers, he then said you can e-mail them or come into school after schools.

I then argued that I can't do it like that and that I need and want to be back in my lessons and the teacher goes well this is your punishment. After this I bursted out crying and he was there grinning. He then goes no matter what you say or do the decision has been made and we are not changing our mind.

Me and my parents then went to the council to make a complaint about the action the school took against me and the council said that they will call the school and try to sort this issue out.

I literally have 7 weeks left of sixth form then I'm off to university. This is really impacting me negatively as there will be so much pressure and stress on me.

What else can I do?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not an A-level student, but I'm sure that you can learn the content and self study for the exam. Since you only have 7 weeks left most of the content should be covered anyway, so you could probably teach yourself the rest.
Reply 2
They excluded you... For possession of... Painkillers?

Wat?
Tbh why didn't just tell the teachers they found out in the end anyway and as for your a-levels you should've covered most of the content by now and since you're allowed to see teachers after school it shouldn't really impact you that bad. If that's the decision the school made maybe you should just save it and self study. consider it extended study leave.
Yeah for painkillers but they were strong ones called Tramadol. Also we haven't even started covering the exam content yet, the teachers said that would begin after the Easter holidays.
LOOOL your school is a joke pal
It is possible to self study A-levels, hope isn't lost. Just make sure you are motivated enough that you really wanna go to university, otherwise you might lack to motive to get up at a reasonable time (9-10?) and get a couple hours of work done like you would at school. Smash the exams and get all A's, become famous doing cool documentaries on tv and when asked about your life, make sure u tell them about that school and THAT teacher :wink: problem solved.
Reply 7
Incredibly harsh from the school, but why would you give your girlfriend strong painkillers for a cough, especially enough of them for other students to steal?
Original post by Arkasia
Incredibly harsh from the school, but why would you give your girlfriend strong painkillers for a cough, especially enough of them for other students to steal?

There was only like 4 left in the packet and she was coughing really badly like hell so I just tried to help her
The school didn't kick the other pupils out they just got isolation and my girlfriend also got isolation for 2 days but there's me getting messed up for it big time its pathetic!
Original post by sully50sully
There was only like 4 left in the packet and she was coughing really badly like hell so I just tried to help her

'Only 4' is quite a lot. As in, there might've been a slight risk of her OD'ing if she had taken them all at once.

The school didn't kick the other pupils out they just got isolation and my girlfriend also got isolation for 2 days but there's me getting messed up for it big time its pathetic!

I would assume that's because you were the provider.
Your school is a right a pain in the arse!
Original post by Arkasia
'Only 4' is quite a lot. As in, there might've been a slight risk of her OD'ing if she had taken them all at once.

I would assume that's because you were the provider.

The thing is you need 400mg to overdose on these tablets, and one tablet is only 50mg. Also there no was intent for something like this to happen. Even the police didn't take it that serious and they even said there was no intent. I don't get whats the point of the school making it a big issue like I've gave out cocaine or something
I might start a petition to allow me to be present in my subject lessons so I can learn effectively, but would the petition be any help?
Yeah for painkillers but they were strong ones called Tramadol. Also we haven't even started covering the exam content yet, the teachers said that would begin after the Easter holidays.

At the very least you've supplied a class C drug (essentialy dealing drugs, regardless if you held them with prescription); isn't very good for you or the school regardless. Wether or not the drug is dangerous, you were charged by the police, you had bad intentions or you were doing it for profit etc... Your school can't really have someone who brings controlled substances into a school. Although I feel bad for you and your schools actions are unaceptable considering class C drugs really are minor, if they wanted as they have to exclude you for this then your chances against them aren't very good.
The thing is you need 400mg to overdose on these tablets, and one tablet is only 50mg. Also there no was intent for something like this to happen. Even the police didn't take it that serious and they even said there was no intent. I don't get whats the point of the school making it a big issue like I've gave out cocaine or something

There was no intent for harm or 'dealing', but you still distributed a Class C drug, so it's understandable why the school are doing what they are doing (if a little harsh).

I might start a petition to allow me to be present in my subject lessons so I can learn effectively, but would the petition be any help?

To do that, start with students, work your way up to parents, then the teachers, then the school governors. Not sure if it's worth it considering the time until exams, you might be better just working solidly every day from home.
Original post by Astrtricks
At the very least you've supplied a class C drug (essentialy dealing drugs, regardless if you held them with prescription); isn't very good for you or the school regardless. Wether or not the drug is dangerous, you were charged by the police, you had bad intentions or you were doing it for profit etc... Your school can't really have someone who brings controlled substances into a school. Although I feel bad for you and your schools actions are unaceptable considering class C drugs really are minor, if they wanted as they have to exclude you for this then your chances against them aren't very good.

Yes I do understand what you are saying but I took them for my back pains and I carried with them with me just in case but the police didn't even bother with it that much they just told me to make sure nothing like this happens again, I didn't get no criminal record or anything. There are worse things that kids do in my school, like bring weed and smoke it in school but the school gives them another chance. They could have yes, but my ICT subject is 100% coursework and I need to access the programs and the teachers to complete them tasks as they are very difficult. I need school labs for science work and I need the teachers for my health and social care work both for coursework and exam. I really want to be in my health and social care lessons because we were going to do some past papers and prepare like that as I find it very useful if I do this with a teacher.
Your subject lessons are a waste of time. You can learn everything you need from the textbooks. Literally. The only thing you get from lessons are what the teacher has taken from the core textbook. They just read over a paraphrased version from you.

It sucks, but revise now. Get revising and work. Excluding you for tramadol is pathetic.
Original post by Arkasia
There was no intent for harm or 'dealing', but you still distributed a Class C drug, so it's understandable why the school are doing what they are doing (if a little harsh).

To do that, start with students, work your way up to parents, then the teachers, then the school governors. Not sure if it's worth it considering the time until exams, you might be better just working solidly every day from home.

Yes I do understand what you mean but they are taking it too far. I have never got in trouble with the school and I am a hard working well known pupil and everyone knows the time and effort I put into my studies but like today when I tried to talk the teacher kept on cutting me out and he didn't even allow me the proper chance to speak, which I found really arrogant and rude. Also when those pupils snatched the tablets from my girlfriend, they also considered it as her supplying it but she isn't getting punished as much as I am.

even a dose of 50mg for someone not used to them will ruin their day. Never give anyone painkillers, they could be allergic to them or have a medical condition and will make them ill. Not even paracetamol or Nurofen! (unless you know their medical history)

Aside from that, you have my sympathies. At least you've nearly finished the year!

Quick Reply

Latest