The Student Room Group

Taking my driving test in my own car?

I have already booked my test and decided yesterday I would like to do it in my own car... does anyone know if I have to change something on my booking or am I just okay to go (provided I get the mirror)?
Original post by alicecaillin
I have already booked my test and decided yesterday I would like to do it in my own car... does anyone know if I have to change something on my booking or am I just okay to go (provided I get the mirror)?

Hey - the other thread was very old, so I've moved this into a new thread for you :smile: You should get responses now :smile: :yy:
Original post by alicecaillin

I know in Northern Ireland you just book yourself into a driving test and on the day the guy just writes down the reg and make of car you're doing it in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are some types of cars that you can't do tests in or you have to provide proof that work has been done to fix manufacture fault as some cars have been recalled
I did my test in my own car, and never had any problems, you are advised to take a mirror for the examiner, however on the way to the test centre mine kept falling off no matter where I stuck it, I told the examiner this and he just went into the back to get his own :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest