The Student Room Group

People who have failed their test 3+ times... I need to hear from you :(

I just failed my third test today and I feel extremely alone in this. People who failed multiple times, what's your stories? Make me feel better please :frown::frown::frown:
Reply 1
Passed on my 6th attempt with two minors :smile: Was absolutely heartbroken the third, fourth and fifth time but by time I went to sit my sith I was like "you know what, I've done this before and it didn't work out, but today WILL be the day!" and as it turns out it was :smile: I know failing multiple times can be really hard on your confidence but I promise you you'll get there in the end
Reply 2
Yeah my friend's failed 6 or 7 times now, he's nearly there, just keep going, correct your mistakes, you'll get it eventually :smile:
Reply 3
I honestly believe whether you pass or not, given that you have decent driving ability, is largely based on luck. I have failed 3 times, sent an appeal for the last failure and waiting for a response. I drive with a provisional license with my dad in the passenger seat and often, although illegally, have my friends in the back when giving lifts. All of them have told me i am marginally better than other people who have passed their test and that they feel much more comfortable with me behind the wheel compared to those who passed which says a lot really.

Most of the people who pass on their apparent first or 2nd try i know are generally stupid people who failed their theory test multiple times. This one guy i know failed his theory 5 times, passed first time on the practical and lost his license not even a month later for receiving too many points too soon. I'm afraid driving tests are one of those things in life that you have to wait to get lucky and as a result of that, some pass before others even when it's undeserved and you just have to move on.

Classic example of "life isn't fair".
Original post by yilmaz33
I honestly believe whether you pass or not, given that you have decent driving ability, is largely based on luck. I have failed 3 times, sent an appeal for the last failure and waiting for a response. I drive with a provisional license with my dad in the passenger seat and often, although illegally, have my friends in the back when giving lifts. All of them have told me i am marginally better than other people who have passed their test and that they feel much more comfortable with me behind the wheel compared to those who passed which says a lot really.

Most of the people who pass on their apparent first or 2nd try i know are generally stupid people who failed their theory test multiple times. This one guy i know failed his theory 5 times, passed first time on the practical and lost his license not even a month later for receiving too many points too soon. I'm afraid driving tests are one of those things in life that you have to wait to get lucky and as a result of that, some pass before others even when it's undeserved and you just have to move on.

Classic example of "life isn't fair".

Are you sure you aren't just bad under pressure?If you are such a good driver you shouldn't be making a major or so many minors it is as simple as that the tests don't differ that much.My brother passed on his 4th test and really struggled with parking between the lines as only one type of parking I think is in the test but got use to it.
Reply 5
Original post by Dalek1099
Are you sure you aren't just bad under pressure?If you are such a good driver you shouldn't be making a major or so many minors it is as simple as that the tests don't differ that much.My brother passed on his 4th test and really struggled with parking between the lines as only one type of parking I think is in the test but got use to it.

I got 1 minor which the examiner couldn't remember what it was for it was that minor. So no, it's definitely not due to the pressure. If anything i was far more alert and cautious, not slow, just alert.
Original post by yilmaz33
I got 1 minor which the examiner couldn't remember what it was for it was that minor. So no, it's definitely not due to the pressure. If anything i was far more alert and cautious, not slow, just alert.

I thought you needed 1 major or 15 minors to fail(not certain of the number but its more than 1:confused:)
Reply 7
Original post by Dalek1099
I thought you needed 1 major or 15 minors to fail(not certain of the number but its more than 1:confused:)

The major was not putting my handbrake on at a solid white line at a t junction which is absolutely not required to do. All you have to do is stop and observe.
My mom failed seven times, As someone said before it's down to luck and getting a nice examiner.

Only thing i can really suggest is drive round all the test routes a few times (i know its a ball ache) to get familiar with them. Also look at every thing you've done wrong the past three times and work on them =)

You'll get there just keep trying <3
Reply 9
I've failed 6 times now, yet everytime the examiner has told me I'm a good driver but I made a silly mistake. On the other hand, one of my friends passed first time, yet 6 months later I'm still not sure she can drive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ktjade
I've failed 6 times now, yet everytime the examiner has told me I'm a good driver but I made a silly mistake. On the other hand, one of my friends passed first time, yet 6 months later I'm still not sure she can drive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My condolences. How selfish of me to complain about failing 3 times. It's basically all about strokes of luck. You have to get lucky in a few things to pass.
Original post by jazjazjazjaz
I just failed my third test today and I feel extremely alone in this. People who failed multiple times, what's your stories? Make me feel better please :frown::frown::frown:

Hiya I passed on my 6th attempt and have been driving safely for over a year now! :smile: don't give up xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jazjazjazjaz

I passed on my fourth test so don't give up! :hugs:
Just try to learn from each test of what not to do and just be super aware on the test and you will do it next time :biggrin:
I passed on my 6th attempt! It sounds bad but some people just don't do as well under the pressure of a test! I also think a lot of it is down to luck and the examiner you get, on 3 of my tests I had the same grumpy examiner and it just made me feel like I had no chance because I knew how funky he was, which probably made me drive worse duento giving up!

I know that on my 4 th and 5 th test my confidence was so low I had no chance of passing because I went in there thinking I couldn't do it. I then had a gap of about 4 months between my 5th and 6th test with no lessons in between and passed... I had my own car and went out in that the week before the test to get back into the swing of things but I knew I could drive and I knew I would pass that time, so I think a lot of it is attitude!

You'll get there! I have been driving just under a year now and I love it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending