The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Biomedical science course at man met

Hi,

I'm currently studying biomed at leeds met but I am seriously considering transferring to mmu for my second year due to the fact the course there is accredited.
Is it a good course there? Any input about what the uni or course is like would be appreciated!!
Original post by Amy240
Hi,

I'm currently studying biomed at leeds met but I am seriously considering transferring to mmu for my second year due to the fact the course there is accredited.
Is it a good course there? Any input about what the uni or course is like would be appreciated!!

Well, I doubt theres going to be much difference between leeds met and manchester met course wise, i'm sure it going to be just as good. But i did like the look of manchester met better.

But going to manchester met is a better choice because for your biomedical sciences course to have value it needs to be accredited, especially if you want to become a biomedical scientist, which I dont think you can be if its not accredited
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Yeh that's the dilemma I'm in basically I cant work in an NHS lab without an accredited degree unless I did top up modules after I finish my degree.
So moving seems the logical thing even though it'll be a fairly big change. Just wondering how they assess you there and how the lecturers are etc. I like it at leeds met but I want the option when I finish to be able to work in an nhs biomed lab.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending