The Student Room Group

Resitting AS module

Heres the problem, i got a C (5 mrks off a B) overall in my AS business, but the thing is i've been told to leave the grade as pending as im resitting a module in january , but as im doing that wont the universities ive applied to think ive got a lower grade like a D or something :s-smilie:

So i just wanted to know that should i leave it as pending or put my grade as a C? Those who are resitting AS modules, could you just let me know what you did, Thanks!!
If you're resitting a module, there is the possibility that your mark will change. If you put down 'C' but then move up to a 'B,' you will have lied on your UCAS form, and the universities that have made you offers are fully within their rights to withdraw their offers to you. You have to put pending.
Reply 2
Not true.

If your school doesn't cash in grades, then you should be putting pending regardless. If you have declined a grade then you should put in pending also. If you have not declined it but are resitting, your score might change but it will have NO effect on your AS grade, just your A2, so you don't need to worry about lying on your UCAS form or anything like that.
Jsuper
Not true.

If your school doesn't cash in grades, then you should be putting pending regardless. If you have declined a grade then you should put in pending also. If you have not declined it but are resitting, your score might change but it will have NO effect on your AS grade, just your A2, so you don't need to worry about lying on your UCAS form or anything like that.

:ditto: If your school doesn't cash in grades or you've declined it, ask your teacher to mention in your reference that you were really close to a B and are resitting a module just so the unis know you didn't do really badly.
kellywood_5
:ditto: If your school doesn't cash in grades or you've declined it, ask your teacher to mention in your reference that you were really close to a B and are resitting a module just so the unis know you didn't do really badly.

This may sound really dumb, but what do you mean by cash in and decline?
Reply 5
Cash in means accepting the grade and not resitting, decline is not accepting the grade as you wish to resit some exams.
Reply 6
Oh dear.... This has sparked a problem for me....

In one of my subjects (Media), my AS grade C was declined because I am re-doing the coursework.... but I put the AS grade C on my UCAS form anyway... do I need to worry?

Also, my sociology AS grade A was declined (I didn't decline it, and am not re-sitting, the college declined it by accident, and they did this to lots of people), but I put the AS grade A in sociology on my ucas form anyway

Should I worry?
u shud worry....if ur redoing any of the AS modules...u shud put them as ppending on ur UCAS application.
Reply 8
f.amir
u shud worry....if ur redoing any of the AS modules...u shud put them as ppending on ur UCAS application.

But surely, it will just change the A2 grade and not the AS?

How about if an AS grade has been declined, but I decide NOT to re-sit the certain module?
_jarv_
But surely, it will just change the A2 grade and not the AS?

How about if an AS grade has been declined, but I decide NOT to re-sit the certain module?

If the AS grade has been declined, that will change as well as the overall A-level grade. It's only if you resit an AS module for a subject you're carrying on to A2 without declining the grade that it only affects the A-level.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter. Declined grades can't go on your UCAS form whether you're resitting modules or not because technically they don't exist.
o yh, if im resitting a module in january, should i write march as the date or august? because on all of the others ive written august, but as im resitting in jan & the results will come in march :s
Flower379
o yh, if im resitting a module in january, should i write march as the date or august? because on all of the others ive written august, but as im resitting in jan & the results will come in march :s

Put March.
Reply 12
Hmm, see we were told only to include the AS grades if you'd cashed them in. ie. if you're resitting but carrying on to A2, you didn't need to mention it. Just had to put 'pending' for the A2 results.

Although, this may be what you're saying here. :redface:
Tashah
Hmm, see we were told only to include the AS grades if you'd cashed them in. ie. if you're resitting but carrying on to A2, you didn't need to mention it. Just had to put 'pending' for the A2 results.

Although, this may be what you're saying here. :redface:

But it's possible to resit and carry on to A2 even if you've cashed in your AS grades, so in that case, you have to put them down as well as A2 'pending'.
Reply 14
soup_dragon87
If you're resitting a module, there is the possibility that your mark will change. If you put down 'C' but then move up to a 'B,' you will have lied on your UCAS form, and the universities that have made you offers are fully within their rights to withdraw their offers to you. You have to put pending.

Oh dear. That's one thing i forgot:frown:

You say lie, however would it matter even if it was unintentional?
soup_dragon87

sorry but where did you read this?

put pending only if you're REDOING the subject, i.e. go thru another year of studying the AS things, but since youre gona do resits, put down your grade, unis are fully aware of ppl doing resits. when you put pending, you would not recieve a certificate for that subject, and uni would think u got a really bad result, in actual fact u got a C, Once you get your ALevel certificate it wouldnt matter what you got on your certificate for your AS

Latest

Trending

Trending