The Student Room Group

ABC Awards

Heyyyy,
I was just wondering if somebody could help me?
I really want to get into University but I don't think that the course I'm doing at the moment is enough :frown:
I'm doing an ABC Awards Level 3 Child Care and Child Psychology.
I've tried searching online about ABC Awards but I can't seem to find any useful information.
If anyone could help me that would be great :smile:
Thanks x
Original post by Akane123
Heyyyy,
I was just wondering if somebody could help me?
I really want to get into University but I don't think that the course I'm doing at the moment is enough :frown:
I'm doing an ABC Awards Level 3 Child Care and Child Psychology.
I've tried searching online about ABC Awards but I can't seem to find any useful information.
If anyone could help me that would be great :smile:
Thanks x

doesn't seem to be covered unless known as something else. try to get advice from examining board od ucas

http://mob.ucas.com/tariffs
Reply 2
I know right, I can't find anything online about ABC Awards. I was thinking maybe it's because it's a small course. I want to do a proper qualification like Alevels or a BTEC but the problem is I am 19 years old and most colleges I know only accept students aged 16-18 :frown: The reason why I haven't done anything after school was because I got ill, I have recovered now but am having trouble because of my age. Help ? Thanks x
I know right, I can't find anything online about ABC Awards. I was thinking maybe it's because it's a small course. I want to do a proper qualification like Alevels or a BTEC but the problem is I am 19 years old and most colleges I know only accept students aged 16-18 :frown: The reason why I haven't done anything after school was because I got ill, I have recovered now but am having trouble because of my age. Help ? Thanks x

TRY THIS PERSON SHE MIGHT BE ABLE TO TELL YOU
[h="4"]Centre Support Officer:[/h] Jane
Hoddinott
0115 8541622
I had a look, and do you mean you're studying this qualification? Because by the looks of things ABC are an exam board, and you're studying a QCF Level 3 award, which could be either this or this
Reply 5
Thanks swanseajack1 :smile: & loperdoper Yes that is exactly the course I am doing! What is QCF exactly? And is my course really QCF level 3 because my tutor never said anything about that, all she said was that it is ABC Level 3 :/ thanks alot xx
Thanks swanseajack1 :smile: & loperdoper Yes that is exactly the course I am doing! What is QCF exactly? And is my course really QCF level 3 because my tutor never said anything about that, all she said was that it is ABC Level 3 :/ thanks alot xx

to be honest you need to ring that woman. normally QCF is normally like a levels but there has been 1 case on here that was different so check with that lady or ucas

QCF is explained here. I lifted the term off the first webpage I linked, so I haven't really looked at it in depth. As swanseajack1 says, you really need to get in touch with the people in charge of your course, as they'll be able to give you much clearer information than us.
Reply 8
Okey Swanseajack1 thanks :smile: & thanks loperdoper I understand QCF better now. I've sent my tutor an email asking her my questions but she still hasn't replied -_______-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending