The Student Room Group

Would you marry a feminist?

Poll

Would you prefer to marry a feminist?

Personally I'd rather chop my balls off than marry a feminist who thinks that doing anything nice for a man is 'oppressive.' Give me a sweet, supportive, feminine woman any day.

Who else will never marry a feminist? Would you prefer a sweet, supportive, feminine woman instead? :dontknow:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MarriageSucks
Personally I'd rather chop my balls off than marry a feminist who thinks that doing anything nice for a man is 'oppressive.' Give me a sweet, supportive, feminine woman any day.

Who else will never marry a feminist? Would you prefer a sweet, supportive, feminine woman instead? :dontknow:

Sweet submissive woman is worth having all the rest not so much.:smile:
I will never marry anyone, cost of divorce is too high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubi1
Sweet submissive woman is worth having all the rest not so much.:smile:

Agreed! A woman who is not submissive is unsuitable for marriage.
Reply 4
Original post by channies

Posted from TSR Mobile

A Submissive woman never cheats/leaves her master:wink:

I believe men and women should be equal. If a man was sweet and supportive towards me, I would be sweet and supportive towards him.
Reply 6
Never.
Reply 7
Agreed! A woman who is not submissive is unsuitable for marriage.

I really don't understand this attitude. You don't want a partner, you want a pet. If you want somebody obedient and affectionate without any opinions or ambitions of their own then buy a labrador.
Reply 8
Original post by channies

Posted from TSR Mobile

not even me?

Famine and feminist are not mutually exclusive.

I love baking for the ones I love.

I will also have serous words with anyone, who denies me my right to equality and respect.

You obviously don't understand feminism READ MORE!
( really hope this is some kind of joke )
most women are feminists-in that they want gender equality...
most men too for that matter
Not to throw a spanner in the works or anything, but I am unable to vote due to your poll not having the option for "I'm female: I want to marry a (female) feminist"... Or you could have just given two options "I would marry a feminist" and "I would not marry a feminist"... but whatever...

Hm... not all feminist think that doing something nice for a man is oppressive. I don't even know why I have to tell you this :rolleyes:

A feminist can still be sweet, supportive and feminine. Grow up dear.
This seems like a rather pointless thread; most men don't like feminists? Fine... go campaign for anti feminism. This is how people know your a troll dude; this thread has no other purpose than to be annoying as ****. Grow up.
So bigoted >_>

Define feminism first. And why is there not an option saying "IDGAF if she is feminist or not?"
Reply 15
Amusingly, the poll results show that women say they want to marry male feminists, but the data suggests that they dont want to actually have sex with them after marriage: http://www.asanet.org/journals/ASR/Feb13ASRFeature.pdf

Egalitarianism, Housework, and Sexual Frequency in Marriage

Using data from Wave II of the National Survey of Families and Households, this study investigates the links between men’s participation in core (traditionally female) and non-core (traditionally male) household tasks and sexual frequency. Results show that both husbands and wives in couples with more traditional housework arrangements report higher sexual frequency, suggesting the importance of gender display rather than marital exchange for sex between heterosexual married partners

[...]

Our results suggest that sexual frequency is highest in households with traditionally gendered divisions of labor. As Table 3 shows, the coefficient for men’s share of core household labor is negative: households in which men do more female-typed (core) tasks report lower sexual frequency. The coefficient for men’s share of non-core household labor, on the other hand, is positive: households in which men do more male-typed (non-core) tasks report more sex. These effects are statistically significant and substantively large. Overall, these results suggest that sexuality is governed by enactments of femininity and masculinity through appropriately gendered performances of household labor that coincide with sexual scripts organizing heterosexual desire.

To illustrate the substantive size of these effects, Figure 1 shows predicted values for sexual frequency, varying the share of household labor performed by men while setting all other variables to their means. As the figure shows, shifting from a household in which women perform all of the core household tasks to one where women perform none of the core household tasks is associated with a decline in sexual frequency of nearly 1.6 times per month. Given a mean sexual frequency in this sample of slightly over 5, this is a large difference.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by poohat
Amusingly, the poll results show that women say they want to marry male feminists, but the data suggests that they dont want to actually have sex with them after marriage: http://www.asanet.org/journals/ASR/Feb13ASRFeature.pdf

The data from the 1980s...
Reply 17
Original post by The Socktor
The data from the 1980s...

Its from the 1990s, and there is no obvious reason to think much will have changed.
Original post by lucaf
I really don't understand this attitude.

One awesome word.

BDSM.
What about the

"if you're feminist, then great, if you're not feminist, I can work with that too"

option?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending