The Student Room Group

TSR Political Party Contest

TSR Political Party Contest

Interested in politics? Do you have good ideas? Would you like to see what other people think of those ideas? Here's your opportunity!

Welcome to the TSR Political Party Contest! With a General Election on the horizon, we at TSR thought it would be interesting (and fun!) to see what you feel are the most important issues for the Government to address, and how you would go about addressing them. So, now's the time for you to step up to the plate and share your vision.

In this contest, you will get to form a party, or stand as an independent candidate. You will be asked to write a manifesto, answer questions from the TSR electorate, and face the public vote. If that sounds good, look below to see how you can take part.

Schedule:

Spoiler

Rules:

This contest is open to parties and independent candidates.
A party should have at least two members, with a maximum limit of ten members.
Each party should have a name and may (this is optional) have a logo. The logo should be an original design.
The manifesto should consist of 500 – 1000 words plus a bullet point summary.
All usual TSR rules apply.

Prizes:

Should a party win the election, its members will get to share Β£100 in vouchers of their choice.

Should an independent candidate win the election, he or she will receive Β£50 in vouchers of his or her choice.

The CT will be in touch with the winner to arrange delivery of these vouchers.

So what do I do now?

Each week, Reluire and I will post that week's requirements in greater detail, as well as the deadline. You can find this week's instructions in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

The deadline for the current week's requirements is 23:59 on the 16th of April. Good luck! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I APH intend to stand for candidacy in the TSR GE 2015.
Good luck, everyone! Hoping to see as many of you getting involved as possible. :cute:

Lots of great vouchers to be won as well, so this is well worth getting involved with.
I, AstroNandos, intend to stand and win in the TSR GE 2015 :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by AstroNandos
I, AstroNandos, intend to stand and win in the TSR GE 2015 :wink:

I was hoping to win unatested:huff:
Original post by Aph
I was hoping to win unatested:huff:

Well, you've got competition :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by AstroNandos
Well, you've got competition :tongue:

You are far right though..... My leftist stance will beat your right approach.
Original post by Aph
You are far right though..... My leftist stance will beat your right approach.

Well, only time will tell...
Reply 8
I intend to stand.
I will stand!
Sure, why not, I'll stand :smile:
I intend to stand!
Reply 12
I intend to stand, why not!
Reply 13
i will stand for this election,
-and win
I intend to stand. It'll be fun to see how this plays out. :nutcase:
Reply 15
I intend to stand. Left wingers unite!

Edit: A smidge of sarcasm there :tongue: if anyone is interested in rather radical ideas quite a way off the standard left-right continuum, let me know!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Good to see all the entries so far! It's going to be a fun event, I promise you. :smile:
Reply 17
One shall stand.
I intended to stand as a party
We will enter as a party:

O133
RayApparently
That Bearded Man
Obiejess
KingStannis

Quick Reply

Latest