The Student Room Group

Feel depressed all over again

I was once severely depressed for four years, and I am no falling back into that zone whereby I feel extremely unhappy, angry and upset. I really don't understand how I can get out of this situation. Feel like my emotions are all over the place and I feel like I can't do things right. I'm working so hard to achieve again, yet it feels like I don't deserve it, and as a consequence, I don't reach them. I feel like I'm wasting my time, and I'm so sick of my repetitive lifestyle.

Family aren't supportive and things at home are a shambles. I feel like I'm living in a bubble, a fantasy world; it's funny. It's a joke.

I really don't understand who I can talk to or what I can do.
Original post by Anonymous

Have you considered talking to your doctor?
I was once severely depressed for four years, and I am no falling back into that zone whereby I feel extremely unhappy, angry and upset. I really don't understand how I can get out of this situation. Feel like my emotions are all over the place and I feel like I can't do things right. I'm working so hard to achieve again, yet it feels like I don't deserve it, and as a consequence, I don't reach them. I feel like I'm wasting my time, and I'm so sick of my repetitive lifestyle.

Family aren't supportive and things at home are a shambles. I feel like I'm living in a bubble, a fantasy world; it's funny. It's a joke.

When did this begin ?

What, if anything, triggered it ? An event ? A past memory ?

How were you feeling before this depression began ?

Have any circumstances in your life changed ?

What would solve this depression, if you can answer ?
Reply 3
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you considered talking to your doctor?

I did four years ago, but she referred me to a counsellor and I hated it.

Original post by democracyforum
When did this begin ?

It's been a few months now.

I just feel disappointed with myself and the fact that I'm not able to achieve even the lowest of expectations for myself or my parents. I'm not sure what to do with my life all over again.

I felt good and in control with the things that I was doing and my life in general. However, in the back of my mind, I just feel really low and unhappy. Not too sure how I can express it.

I got back into education in September, and it was all going great. Stress hit me, but I'm just about coping (it's an on/off thing). I'm not really getting the grades that I want, study-wise, even though I'm trying so hard and my utmost best - I know I'm intelligent enough, but I struggle to apply things. I've discussed this with my subject tutors and such, but they just tell me that I can only do my best.

I don't really know actually...
I did four years ago, but she referred me to a counsellor and I hated it.

Do you think it's worth trying again?
Reply 5
Original post by Sabertooth
Do you think it's worth trying again?

I wouldn't consider going through that again. I don't know how to stop feeling exhausted all the time.
I wouldn't consider going through that again. I don't know how to stop feeling exhausted all the time.

You could perhaps try medication if you don't want to see another counselor?
Original post by democracyforum
When did this begin ?

Seriously you NEED to stop being so ignorant and suggesting to vulnerable people that their illness isn't really an illness.

Would you ask these kind of questions to a cancer patient? Someone born with a physical disability? If not why is mental illness any different? Most people with depression will get better but with meds and therapy and they won't access this is they are led to believe their illness is purely situational. Most depression is not about circumstances and isn't triggered by any event. It's an illness like any other which needs treatment.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Seriously you NEED to stop being so ignorant and suggesting to vulnerable people that their illness isn't really an illness.

Would you ask these kind of questions to a cancer patient? Someone born with a physical disability? If not why is mental illness any different? Most people with depression will get better but with meds and therapy and they won't access this is they are led to believe their illness is purely situational. Most depression is not about circumstances and isn't triggered by any event. It's an illness like any other which needs treatment.

where did I suggest their illness, is not an illness ?

tell me where I said that

Quick Reply

Latest