The Student Room Group

Why do girls care so much about money?

After a wonderful couple of days just chilling with his girl, without having to spend any money buying her gifts or paying for expensive places to eat or doing anything you can only do with a big bank account...ive figured out that actually just being with a lovely person is a great feeling and it genuinely makes you so happy :smile:

The irony is that this girl probably only got with me cos I boasted about how much money my family have.

So why do girls care so much about guys with loads of money when really it doesn't make you happy past a certain point?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Adipoptosis
when really it doesn't make you happy?

Money makes me happy :smile:
Original post by Reue
Money makes me happy :smile:

How does it make you happy?

I remember you saying somewhere that once you cross a threshold of basic money and the focus shifts from survival to other things, the amount of money you have doesn't really matter.

I cannot agree with you more about this!!!
If you depend on money you're a looooooser

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
How does it make you happy?

I remember you saying somewhere that once you cross a threshold of basic money and the focus shifts from survival to other things, the amount of money you have doesn't really matter.

I cannot agree with you more about this!!!

Money gives you choices and alleviates the stresses of basic survival. Currently a huge majority of my money goes on survival and so money continues to make me happy.
Original post by Reue
Money gives you choices and alleviates the stresses of basic survival. Currently a huge majority of my money goes on survival and so money continues to make me happy.

Ah ok, fair enough but do you agree that past a certain point, a point readily achievable by most people, there is a diminishing return?
Not every girl thinks about money, for me it's about ambition. If you have ambition then money will surely follow :smile:
Reply 7
Ah ok, fair enough but do you agree that past a certain point, a point readily achievable by most people, there is a diminishing return?

Oh absolutely.

However I expect most people of the ages used by this forum will have yet to reach that comfortable point.
Money is happiness. It's not only the ladies that care about it.
Reply 9
After a wonderful couple of days just chilling with his girl, without having to spend any money buying her gifts or paying for expensive places to eat or doing anything you can only do with a big bank account...ive figured out that actually just being with a lovely person is a great feeling and it genuinely makes you so happy :smile:

The irony is that this girl probably only got with me cos I boasted about how much money my family have.

So why do girls care so much about guys with loads of money when really it doesn't make you happy past a certain point?

lust for power and status, materialist....:colone:
I care more about work ethic e.g. if a guy worked his arse off in a minimum wage job then I'd be happy with him regardless of his wealth. If a guy lived off the bank of mum and dad, I'd be unhappy with him regardless of his wealth.
Do we really need a repeat of this thread again?
Original post by MrDystopia

WAIT WTF ??????? Stacy's mom? Is that really you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrDystopia

The last one was proof that they did care about money over everything else.

This one is about WHY given that actually its so irrelevant to actual happiness, I think.
Oh ffs, not this again. :facepalm:
Original post by drowzee
Oh ffs, not this again. :facepalm:

Nice avatar, interesting pokemon to pick though lol
I don't know any girls that particularly care about money.
The last one was proof that they did care about money over everything else.

This one is about WHY given that actually its so irrelevant to actual happiness, I think.

What thread was this? What is the proof?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Girls are attracted to money. They lust after money. You can buy anything if you have the money - you can buy women, you can buy happiness (for yourself and for your woman), absolutely anything. Every woman wants a rich man who drives an expensive car, owns a large house, wears expensive clothes, takes her to expensive restaurants and takes her on expensive holidays, buys her expensive clothes, buys her expensive gifts...you get the picture. All women want a rich man, but they'll settle for less while they continue their search for richer, more attractive men. That's hypergamy for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Doesn't matter. If that was the reason she got with you she is with you for the financial security going forward, not for trinkets.

You should never talk about how much money your family earn. It's beyond crass, seriously deprecated in British culture, and puts you in positions where you end up with predatory women after money rather than love.

Quick Reply

Latest