The Student Room Group

Unis

Now i was wondering about something i hope someone can answer

When you do a Pharmacy degree, in theory it doesn't matter at which university you do it. But does it? Really?

I was thinking whether industrial companies or hospitals would prefer you with a degree that came from a more prestige uni or not?

Also, if i was to get a 1st class from bradford but a 2:1 from nottingham, for example, would one company look at the uni and think we want them cos they went to uni x, for example.
Some universities link you up with the industry for the pre-reg year, i.e. King's offers 6 months in industry and 6 months in Hospital/community.
Reply 2
i was asking about international recognition, because im probably going to brigthon to do pharmay and they said ure not going to get a job in the us with a degree from brighton
avsbabes
Some universities link you up with the industry for the pre-reg year, i.e. King's offers 6 months in industry and 6 months in Hospital/community.

Kings actually offers it? Or do you mean they just have strong links with industry so you have a good chance of getting a split pre-reg?
-Emmz-
Kings actually offers it? Or do you mean they just have strong links with industry so you have a good chance of getting a split pre-reg?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it says it somewhere on their online prospectus, that's the only reason I applied there :p:
gallas
i was asking about international recognition, because im probably going to brigthon to do pharmay and they said ure not going to get a job in the us with a degree from brighton
:confused: ??
avsbabes
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it says it somewhere on their online prospectus, that's the only reason I applied there :p:

Not being a pharmaceutical company or a hospital pharmacy or a community pharmacy how can Kings offer you that?
-Emmz-
Not being a pharmaceutical company or a hospital pharmacy or a community pharmacy how can Kings offer you that?
Whoops, I was a bit ambiguous there. I meant 'yeah' to the strong links, I guess it has to be... :hmmmm:
avsbabes
Whoops, I was a bit ambiguous there. I meant 'yeah' to the strong links, I guess it has to be... :hmmmm:

*LoL* 'sokay. I'm not actually sure how many pre-reg places there are in industry every year? I know theres not a lot. I think one person in my year has one.
-Emmz-
*LoL* 'sokay. I'm not actually sure how many pre-reg places there are in industry every year? I know theres not a lot. I think one person in my year has one.
:redface: Are you already doing Pharmacy, if so which university? I have heard that industry is hard to get into, and Manchester said that I would have to find my own placements. But King's sounds slightly more promising.
Reply 10
On the Bath interview day, I'm sure they told us there's only 6 pre-reg industry places :eek:
sunday
On the Bath interview day, I'm sure they told us there's only 6 pre-reg industry places :eek:
Really? :eek:
I thought it was something like 6!
And yeah I am already doing pharmacy, at Cardiff.
What year are you?
4th
Oooh, how have found the course so far? Is it true that the more years you go up, the more independant work you have to do? (What Manc said to me) What's the work load like and do you get much free time?

Latest

Trending

Trending