The Student Room Group

Will my unconditional stand?

Right so, I'm having a bit of a panic.

I firmed an unconditional from University of East Anglia on Monday and have recieved my confirmation letter.

However I've come into school today to be told that I am no longer being put in for the EPQ I had intended to take. Apparently the deadline passed last week.

My problem is that I had put this on my UCAS application as a pending qualification.

So now I won't be getting an EPQ grade will this void my place?

Any advice appreciated :s-smilie:
I would first contact the exam board or try any means you can to get back onto the course that was on your application. If you do not succeed at doing this for whatever reasons the next thing to do would be to contact the university about it and talk to the department you applied for. If they gave you an unconditional offer it wasn't just because of your EPQ you must have had a great application anyway so for your peace of mind I would assume they would be more lenient towards you. Talking to UCAS would be a waste of time in my opinion as it's a matter concerning the people that applied and the people that accepted the application. Hope all goes well!
Reply 2
Original post by AMcCammont
I would first contact the exam board or try any means you can to get back onto the course that was on your application. If you do not succeed at doing this for whatever reasons the next thing to do would be to contact the university about it and talk to the department you applied for. If they gave you an unconditional offer it wasn't just because of your EPQ you must have had a great application anyway so for your peace of mind I would assume they would be more lenient towards you. Talking to UCAS would be a waste of time in my opinion as it's a matter concerning the people that applied and the people that accepted the application. Hope all goes well!

OP will still have to call UCAS to get the EPQ removed from their application though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
you'll have to contact both UCAS and UEA explaining you will no longer be taking that exam. SHouldn't matter too much though - EPQs are massively overrated, it's unlikely that would have been the factor which gave you an unconditional. Universities really don't care that much about them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending