The Student Room Group

Is it over

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

I've spoke to this girl whose on my course. Just recently as I don't see her much she's really pretty. I spoke to her once I was nervous but it was ok just about the course and where she's from. So the next day I saw her and spoke to her and to me she gave small one word answers and looked a bit suprised I came up to her. So not to make it awkward I just left and said see you later. She seems quite shy and introverted so I doubt she would come up to me if she likes me.

Anyway judging by what I wrote should I leave it now ? I know it's a bit early because I've only spoken to her twice. But the conversation wasn't going anywhere. I'll probably leave it for a while and maybe talk to her in a couple of weeks as a friend. Or I might just leave it.

Is it over ??

If she was cold the second time I would say no point in going for it.
she has clearly made showed you her interest level.
If she was wants to talk to you, she will find you.

I was in the same situation with this girl. (i dont like her, just being friendly)
First day at uni, went to talk to her as she was alone.
She was blunt with one word answers (cold like the girl you are talking about)
A week later she found me-
She was completely different, very talkative, smiling all the time.
we become best friends after.

She is also shy and introverted, but she came up to me.

also what religion and culture is she? this may be a problem to some people?

Best think is to wait and let her make the move.
You have been up to her twice.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by freedom
If she was cold the second time I would say no point in going for it.
she has clearly made showed you her interest level.
If she was wants to talk to you, she will find you.

I was in the same situation with this girl. (i dont like her, just being friendly)
First day at uni, went to talk to her as she was alone.
She was blunt with one word answers (cold like the girl you are talking about)
A week later she found me-
She was completely different, very talkative, smiling all the time.
we become best friends after.

She is also shy and introverted, but she came up to me.

also what religion and culture is she? this may be a problem to some people?

Best think is to wait and let her make the move.
You have been up to her twice.

I went up to her again like I said before in the previous post and it went well, we chatted as friends and she ask me a bit about my work. I think now the best way foward is to speak to her one more time then play the waiting game like you said let her approach me.

Like I said before, I just recently started speaking to her so were not on like a friendship term yet, just the introdcution stage were just starting to get to know each other. But like I said I'll speak to her one more time and then wait for her to come to me.
I went up to her again like I said before in the previous post and it went well, we chatted as friends and she ask me a bit about my work. I think now the best way foward is to speak to her one more time then play the waiting game like you said let her approach me.

Like I said before, I just recently started speaking to her so were not on like a friendship term yet, just the introdcution stage were just starting to get to know each other. But like I said I'll speak to her one more time and then wait for her to come to me.

are you not on easter holidays yet? what uni year you in?

how long did you speak to her?

if she is introverted let her come to you, nothing you can do can make her like you.
Attraction is instant.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by freedom
are you not on easter holidays yet? what uni year you in?

how long did you speak to her?

if she is introverted let her come to you, nothing you can do can make her like you.
Attraction is instant.

I'm the OP

Holidays are next week. Spoke to her for a couple of minutes. She was also asking me about my work ect. I was going to talk to her again and then wait. But I've spoken to her enough times for her to know I may have an interest.

So she needs to come to me now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
I'm the OP

Holidays are next week. Spoke to her for a couple of minutes. She was also asking me about my work ect. I was going to talk to her again and then wait. But I've spoken to her enough times for her to know I may have an interest.

So she needs to come to me now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have spoken to her three times?
You should of least asked her out or made plans with her after holidays.

All you can do now is wait, maybe add her on FB And let her do the talking
Original post by freedom
You have spoken to her three times?
You should of least asked her out or made plans with her after holidays.

All you can do now is wait, maybe add her on FB And let her do the talking

Do you think 3 times is enough for her to realise I have an interest? Why do u think 3 times is enough ? Like I said i only recently spoke to her. I suppose even as a friendship you would reciprocate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
Do you think 3 times is enough for her to realise I have an interest? Why do u think 3 times is enough ? Like I said i only recently spoke to her. I suppose even as a friendship you would reciprocate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate, girls know from the first time you look at them.

Would you say you flirted with her?
Original post by freedom
Mate, girls know from the first time you look at them.

Would you say you flirted with her?

No I didn't flirt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
No I didn't flirt

Posted from TSR Mobile

you have to let your intentions be known, so she has tim to see if she is interested.
Reply 29
try a little flirting next time - if she seems put off maybe cool it but a little bit of back and forth never hurt any one :smile: good luck
Original post by steveyb
try a little flirting next time - if she seems put off maybe cool it but a little bit of back and forth never hurt any one :smile: good luck

I'm going to wait for her to come to me and if not. Next week I'll talk to her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
I'm going to wait for her to come to me and if not. Next week I'll talk to her

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah thats a good idea. just tease her about something and throw in a compliment.
If she teases back or teases herself to encourage to tease her more then we can know if she has any interest.
tell us how it goes.
Original post by freedom
yeah thats a good idea. just tease her about something and throw in a compliment.
If she teases back or teases herself to encourage to tease her more then we can know if she has any interest.
tell us how it goes.

I spoke to her again today, it went well she smiled when she saw me, I didnt acknowledge it as I didnt realise she was looking at me only saw her when she looked away. I felt she kept looking at me aswell, we spoke just generally about the holidays and things. I also really dont think she has a bf as she keeps on saying something relating to her friends. So its going 'alright' it could be better though. Didnt flirt or tease much. I think she's getting the hint that I like her though:colondollar:

But yeah she has to come up to me know, ive spoken to her enough I need to take it further if anything but she has to come to me.
Original post by freedom
tell us how it goes.

I spoke to her again today, it went well she smiled when she saw me, I didnt acknowledge it as I didnt realise she was looking at me only saw her when she looked away. I felt she kept looking at me aswell, we spoke just generally about the holidays and things. I also really dont think she has a bf as she keeps on saying something relating to her friends. So its going 'alright' it could be better though. Didnt flirt or tease much. I think she's getting the hint that I like her though:colondollar:

But yeah she has to come up to me know, ive spoken to her enough I need to take it further if anything but she has to come to me.
Right. Well I spoke to her the other day and it went well. So I'm hoping to speak to her a bit more and see if she reciprocates. However there's only like one month left of uni and our lectures have finished. Could it be a little late ?

Aaah!! But like they say its never too late for anything. Take her number and take her out on a date later on and it doesn't matter how far she lives as long as you know you love her distance shouldn't really matter :smile:
If she was cold with you when you approached her again, she isn't into you. If im into a guy I am not cold with them. And I am an extremely shy and introverted girl. Take her hints - if she is cold, follow her lead. Don't keep pestering her until she's forced to avoid you altogether or tell you to back off.
If she was cold with you when you approached her again, she isn't into you. If im into a guy I am not cold with them. And I am an extremely shy and introverted girl. Take her hints - if she is cold, follow her lead. Don't keep pestering her until she's forced to avoid you altogether or tell you to back off.

She's not anymore she talks openly. When she was cold I think she was genuinely busy. After that she was fine. She looks at me more now as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
She's not anymore she talks openly. When she was cold I think she was genuinely busy. After that she was fine. She looks at me more now as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

she was probably cold at first because she was shy and did not expect it.
As long as she is open now.

So ask her out already, before someone else gets in there
she was probably cold at first because she was shy and did not expect it.
As long as she is open now.

So ask her out already, before someone else gets in there

Isn't it a bit early I need her number first. Or at least for her to come to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending