The Student Room Group

Sweating Problems

I'm 17 and I sweat execessivly, I been to the doctor about the issue, who is referring my to a demertoligist. I've had my blood tested and I don't have thyroid problems, and I was wondering, could it still be to do with the fact that I'm still going through puberty and hormone levels could be affecting how much I sweat?

Also would bad blood sugar control (as I'm a diabetic) affect how much I sweat?

Scroll to see replies

Are you overweight? If you are that could be the reason.
Reply 2
i was THE EXACT same as you. I went to have my thyroid checked out and they said it was to do with puberty and my age...apparantly.

I used to sweat constantly, id come home and i would be ringing but i hadnt actually done anything, my forehead, my face, my armpits, my palms were COMPLETELY drenched it was so gross man. It seriously spoiled everything between 14-17. i know im being minging but its true lol.

I dont know about the diabetic stuff, but mine has almost gone now. My palms only get sweaty if i am nervous, ill or hot but apart from that everything is fine. Its to do with age and you will grow out of it if your the same as me.

I honestly feel your pain.
x
Reply 3
egg_soup
i was THE EXACT same as you. I went to have my thyroid checked out and they said it was to do with puberty and my age...apparantly.

I used to sweat constantly, id come home and i would be ringing but i hadnt actually done anything, my forehead, my face, my armpits, my palms were COMPLETELY drenched it was so gross man. It seriously spoiled everything between 14-17. i know im being minging but its true lol.

I dont know about the diabetic stuff, but mine has almost gone now. My palms only get sweaty if i am nervous, ill or hot but apart from that everything is fine. Its to do with age and you will grow out of it if your the same as me.

I honestly feel your pain.
x

It's unbelievably frustrating at the moment, I have to sit out when my friends play football.

Another weird question, is there a product that keeps the sweat in, just that I want to minimise my embarassment at the gym?
You've been to the doctors. Why don't you ask him/her these questions instead of us.
Reply 5
Anonymous
It's unbelievably frustrating at the moment, I have to sit out when my friends play football.

Another weird question, is there a product that keeps the sweat in, just that I want to minimise my embarassment at the gym?

i tried the really expensive deods but obv theres nothing for your face or hands you just gotta deal with not touching ANYONE OR ANYTHING during summer haha. They half did the job. x
Reply 6
matt@internet
You've been to the doctors. Why don't you ask him/her these questions instead of us.

I did and to be fair he wasn't sure what the problem was so thats why I'm being refered to someone else. This question was just an another idea I had recently about what may be causing me to sweat so much.
Oh OK
I have the same prob! Its terrible! I sweat whether its hot or cold and it is very unconfortable. I sweat from my under arms, hands and feet. The doctor checked everything and said nothing is wrong. I was then referred to the dermatologist who said that it might be in the mind!!!!:mad: He wanted to refer me to the psychologist, what an idiot! Basically he thought i was imagining it. It still happens and i can't really do anything about it.
I had the same problem as you until a few months ago. I bought a deodorant called 'ODABAN' off ebay (it only costs a few quid) and it does the trick PERFECTLY. Within a few days i had stopped sweating and I haven't done since! It doesn't even hurt/sting - it's amazing!

They have a website too ... www.odaban.com

Hope this helps!
Reply 10
My dad had the same problem... well kinda. He sweated bucketloads on his face and nowhere else really. He had an op for it (cant remember the name, will try and find out) where they cut a nerve or something on both sides of his chest, and now he hardly sweats on his face, and its more evenly spread over the rest of his body. Nobody really minds a sweaty back when working really!

I am the same, sweat buckets when i'm working, but can't have the op. Well, i can, but it involves having your lungs deflated when they do each side, and that would stop me diving, so it's not gonna happen!

Worth asking though, he seemed pretty happy with the results.
Anonymous
I had the same problem as you until a few months ago. I bought a deodorant called 'ODABAN' off ebay (it only costs a few quid) and it does the trick PERFECTLY. Within a few days i had stopped sweating and I haven't done since! It doesn't even hurt/sting - it's amazing!

They have a website too ... www.odaban.com

Hope this helps!

that is really very effecient spamming. congrats.
HenvY
that is really very effecient spamming. congrats.

WHAT?! IT IS A SITE THAT SELLS A PRODUCT THAT WILL BE USEFUL TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER. WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT?!

To the OP: please check it out... it really does work.
Reply 13
Can i say though, most of these wonder creams do tend to work well for a few weeks, months if you are lucky, then you end up with mutant sweat that does care less if you put it on or not :p:
Anonymous
WHAT?! IT IS A SITE THAT SELLS A PRODUCT THAT WILL BE USEFUL TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER. WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT?!

To the OP: please check it out... it really does work.

Have you ever read an advert before?

Well, try reading one again, then read your post. Spot the difference!
i had a really bad prob too, but explained it to my doc and had botox in my armpits on the nhs due to the problems it caused! i now can wear wooly jumpers on the beach and not an inch of sweat occurs! xxx
How good is this odaban???? Any side effects etc.
I have used products which sting (driclor) and smell very strong
Reply 17
Anonymous
How good is this odaban???? Any side effects etc.
I have used products which sting (driclor) and smell very strong

Driclor irritated me too, I switched to Triple Dry and that is good.

Might try this Odaban if I can find some independent websites to verify their claims though :smile:
Anonymous

tbh if someone says ur sweating alot , just smile and tell them to "**** off" , honestly such a joke , i sweat all the time at the gym , thats the whole point of going , "i dont wanna sweat when i exercise" y ? , just have a shower afterwards i hate ppl like that (not saying ur one of those ppl :wink: )
im having big sweat problems at the moment...

can you physically get immune to anti-persperant? may sound like a daft question...but after years of using it, im sure its having no effect these days!

im using sure for men ultimate, which is normally great...but the last few weeks ive been sweating loads.

though the difference in temperatures doesnt help at this time of year...ie you get wrapped up warm to go shopping, then enter a shop with its heating on full blast, and end up boiling hot, then go outside and its freezing again. it must mess up the bodies system.

Latest

Trending

Trending