The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry halls help?!

Hi! I just selected coventry as my firm choice to study media and communications starting in September 2015.
I am looking into what halls I prefer and am struggling with which ones I like because I can't find many students saying what they actually think about their own/friends halls? I would ideally like my own ensuite but also want a good social life? Please tell me your thoughts!

also... I cannot find my "coventry student ID number" for the life of me! To access the accommodation website you have to enter it and it is supposedly on my offer letter, but it isn't! I emailed the accommodation people the other day and haven't heard back yet 😞

anyway, I'd appreciate any students telling me what they thought of their halls and any advice for choosing the right halls.
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Lucyb26
Hi! I just selected coventry as my firm choice to study media and communications starting in September 2015.
I am looking into what halls I prefer and am struggling with which ones I like because I can't find many students saying what they actually think about their own/friends halls? I would ideally like my own ensuite but also want a good social life? Please tell me your thoughts!

also... I cannot find my "coventry student ID number" for the life of me! To access the accommodation website you have to enter it and it is supposedly on my offer letter, but it isn't! I emailed the accommodation people the other day and haven't heard back yet

anyway, I'd appreciate any students telling me what they thought of their halls and any advice for choosing the right halls.
Thanks!

Hey Lucy,
Firstly, congrats! I'm a media & communications graduate, and I genuinely loved my time here (they can't get rid of me now, so I'm sure we'll meet at some point next year!). En suite accommodation includes Liberty Point, Ragland House, Callice court and a few other private options. Callice is the most social of the 3 from what I know, as it's pretty big, and it's also only about 5 minutes away from the Media building, and pretty much next to the library. I stayed at Raglan, which is more or less the same as Callice but on a much smaller scale, it's owned by the same company so all the rooms are the same. For me this was perfect as it was still very social (I got to know everyone in my block) but it was also quiet enough that I could get some work done there if I needed to. Singer is not en suite but is widely regarded as the most social halls here. The only thing that I would change about my time at university would've been forking out for en suite in first year, as I thought it was something I really wanted/needed, but in hind sight it wasn't and I could've saved a lot of money. If you can afford en suite with your student loan and it's something you feel you want, my personal recommendation would be Raglan or Callice as the rooms are larger than Trinity. If not, I'd go for Singer - but this is entirely from a personal perspective - everybody wants something different out of their accommodation!
If you have any further questions don't hesitate to give us a shout.
- Josh
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest